Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my dmc/pcIII/pro flow and it ran great for about 20 min and then it started popping and the gas light came on and now it wont run its full of gas i cant figure out whats wrong please help

·
Registered
137 Posts
you also might want to try changing the plug..... Thats the most common problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Check the conections on the PC3. Make sure they did not come loose...........

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i took the pcIII off and hooked everything back up triple checked everything changed the plug and still no start could it be the tps?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
make sure you have it plugged up to the right TPS connector, not the top one but the side one. theres two places where that plug will fit. just my 2 cents though -- WOODY

·
Registered
174 Posts
Fuel light on no start...worked fine before mods

Just a thought ...double check when you lifted your fuel tank a wire or plug never got disconnected...test to see machine is getting fuel ,I have not looked @ my machine but there has to be a way 2 c if fuel is pumping when you try to start machine....It has 2 b something overlooked...When I get a chance I will c if i can find a way on my machine 2 c if fuel is pumping when trying 2 start.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey im no expert for working on quads but i know some stuff about mechanics so here what i would do.
1 pull your plugs and check for spark
2 when your plugs are when you cycle the engine you should be able to see a mist of fuel coming out of the park plug hole
3check and see if theres anything wrong with your exaust and your intake probly wont be but check anyways
4check you compretion in both pistons

with fuel air spark and compretion it should run nomater what well unless its geting to much fuel or not enough

im not sure because im on a waiting list to get my bike but does the raptor have an electric shocke or anything? because i know for a car if it gets stuck open it wond run sometime? but if it was warm out when you started it it should be fine.

and if all els fails bring some cash and go see the dealer :puke:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
um... their is one cylinder and no choke.... but good call tho. yeah try everything grenad6 siad.. sounds to me like a fuel sender unit or the pump, maybe a wire came unpluged alittle bit but looks pluged in, u know these have some vibration and somthing came off. good luck bro..

·
Registered
241 Posts
im no mechanic but what does the spark plug look like ? have you melted the electrode or something daft ?. My mates 340 mopar had that happen ,to much heat when it leaned out it melted the electrodes , maybe your running to lean , also see if the plug is cracked might have a hairline crack in it cause it to short ? . if you have a spare try that for starters , then fuel etc allways electrics first

1 - 16 of 16 Posts