Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new to the raptor world & im having problems , every time i go to start up my raptor i put in neutral & the neutral light wont come on , when i press the electric start button the temp light flashes & does not click or even attempt to turn over .

headlights & everything else comes on but quad wont start please help ? thanks .

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hello im new to the raptor world & im having problems , every time i go to start up my raptor i put in neutral & the neutral light wont come on , when i press the electric start button the temp light flashes & does not click or even attempt to turn over .

headlights & everything else comes on but quad wont start please help ? thanks .
Does it turn over by shorting the two big lugs on the starter relay.......:D

·
Nothing Worth Having Is Easy To Get
283 Posts
it almost sounds like you don't have it in neutral. because when I have mine in gear, the neutral light doesn't come on, and if I try starting it in gear without the clutch pulled in it doesn't click or anything, the temp light just comes on. did you try pulling the clutch lever in while starting it?

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Pull the clutch lever and see if it will start now.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
PULL THE CLUTCH LEVER - does it start now?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The clutch lever bypasses the neutral start restriction. Pull in the clutch and see if it starts. Also, sometimes you have to rock the atv or get the rear wheels to roll a bit to get the neutral light to come on. If you still have nothing:

-look for cooked wires below your shift lever on the crank case (two plugs), make sure they are clean, installed firmly and making contact to the probes. If you recently had them disconnected, make sure they are in their correct location since they look similar. These are your neutral indicator and reverse indicator plugs (if I remember right)

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My clutch lever bypass doesn't work it will only start when the neutral light is on. Do you know what color wires are for the bypass and the neutral light? And even when I try to start it in gear while holding the clutch the only thing that happens is the red temp lights up. Please help planning big trip with my friends to go riding in next 2 wks..... Thank you

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Neutral switch wire is light blue and is held onto the switch (just below in front of the output sprocket) by a screw. If you must, just short the wire to ground to allow starting in any gear.

Clutch switch uses black/yellow and black wires - if you short them together on the harness side, you can also start without the neutral switch/wire working correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 02 660, i just finished rebuilding bored .50 over, new valves, starter clutch, stage 2 cam. I tried starting it, turns over, has spark, sounds like it wants to pop, but just wont. Tried priming the cylinder and putting the plug back in, but still won't fire

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Better if you start a new thread...

Did it run before?

Are you sure the woodruff key was replaced or is still intact? Easy to check.

Use starting fluid sprayed into the filter - much better than fuel in thru the spark plug hole.

·
Registered
92 Posts
seen similar . the one i checked had shafed wire at the steering column area and the other one loose connection at the plug for the key switch down behind the rad. had to unbolt the rad to reach noting major .
Hope it can help.
Good luck

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have a 02 660, i just finished rebuilding bored .50 over, new valves, starter clutch, stage 2 cam. I tried starting it, turns over, has spark, sounds like it wants to pop, but just wont. Tried priming the cylinder and putting the plug back in, but still won't fire
Can timing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts