Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

So I had to take apart the wifes rear brake on her 700. The piston wouldnt come out the last few cm on its own so I removed the parking brake block off and pushed it out from the back. Unfortunately everything fell out and now Im unsure how it goes back into the caliper. Do I have it right in the picture? (wider part of spring facing piston and the flanged part flanges away from piston)

I had to take the brake off because I PC her brake then installed it and pumped it a few times with the brake removed (oops). Hopefully I didnt screw anything up as we leave next week for Winchester.

I have the RPM dominator and houser +2.25 a arms installed just need to bleed front and rear brakes and set up the fox floats.

Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the online manual and a clymer manual. Neither of them show the inside of the caliper behind the piston itself. I went ahead and reassembled it as above but when I try to bleed the system it doesnt build pressure? Every time I push down on the brake it goes all the way down even after 80+ times. Then when I release the bleeder vent it only drips a couple of drops of fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts