Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting a click when trying to start then the temp light also, I have changed the relay and nothing, I ordered a starter put it in and nothing, when I try jumping the relay it turns over like one or half and stops. I need help. Please

·
Master of the Electron
15,882 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1) use a battery charger to charge at least overnight
2) check your battery connections - remove, inspect lugs for corrosion, clean, re-tighten.
3) The temp light is designed to illluminate while pressing the start button.
4) As Sandman stated, pull the center plug on the left side cover anp put a socket on the flywhel bolt. Turn counter-clockwise - it should be pretty easy until you come up on the compression stroke, where it will get harder until you go past TDC and it gets easy again. If very hard to turn everywhere pull the spark plug and try again.

Do you have a Volt meter and know how to use it? Once the ideas above have been exhausted you'll need to start making some voltage measurements.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am not a fan of Harbor Freight electrical anything but even one of these cheap meters will do the job to diagnose most electrical problems. Most auto parts stores carry equivalent meters at similar prices.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
104 Posts
To be honest I don’t have a volt meter and don’t know to much about all that, but I can try to turn the motor I will get back to you guys.

A simple digital voltmeter is simple to use. I have a 9 year old Craftsman that I always planned to replace with a Fluke but it works great still. They are simple to use and are a huge help when working on electrical issues. Check out some YouTube videos on how to use them. Well worth it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts