Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so i love yamahas, but this is my first Raptor. I have an 03 660 its been piped and jetted and i picked it up for only 1400. It starts and then i get some white smoke from the exhaust. The only problem is I think the smoke is from it the fact it will only run with the choke at full. The guy i got it from said it has been sitting for about a year and a half. But its in pretty good shape. Any suggestions. I am thinking clogged idle jet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how hard is the head gasket to change and any idea where i can get a pdf. format of the repair manual for the bike. They are all alot of money and i am sure some one here has one. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay new the site. what is a sticky.....lol

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Look at the 660 Mantenance section... Stickies are posts that have been permanantly saved by the forum administrators at the top of the section - look for "Sticky: Factory Manuals" near the top.

Clean your carbs (THOROUGHLY)... then let us know if you still have any smoke.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do thanks for all the help. Also, is there a difference between the service manual and the repair manual.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
one and the same... there's also the owner's manual available at the same link.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay. I got all three from the sticky. But i did see a manual much like a chiltons or haynes. didnt know which would be better. I am a gas turbine tech and rookie mechanic so i am trying to learn and start doing all my own work. I really appreciate all the help. Let you know when i get the carb cleaned what happened.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Navy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts