Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put the ?'s in bold in case you dont want to read the "story"

hey guys whats goin on.....new guy here and i am trying to make a decision....i just started riding a couple months ago and i just bought a warrior about a month or so ago....i already have enough money in the quad and aftermarket parts to where i could have just bought a cheap 660 and have little for one or two extra parts i think....so what im trying to decide is whether or not i should sell the warrior and the parts and just buy a 660 or just keep the warrior??? what do you guys think??? i mostly trail ride around my house but i would like to hit some dunes sometime and dont know if the warrior would be sufficient in the dunes.....i think i want something faster and more powerful that i can also build up more to make more power.....so how are the raptors on the trails? and how are they in the dunes? why would you take a 660 over a warrior or vica versa? and which years should i stay away from? i have heard of the 01 tranny problem and the one way gear in all years but is that it??? and how reliable is the reverse??? i know my warrior gives me trouble....oh yeah and when i buy one what should i look for?? well thanks in advance guys and sorry for the "paragraph" oh yeah i think what brought on the whole more power thing was i watched that cool ass flagstaff fury 2 video and i wanna pull a 360 into a wheelie while im still sliding.....that dude is nuts!
Ross

·
Registered
350 Posts
rap>warrior by far.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, I had an old warrior a few years ago and I think the motor had been rebuilt. would really go and impressed a few with how fast it was for what it was,, But I recently bought a 04 rappy 660 and let me tell ya, NO COMPARISON! this bitch is fast!.. and if you want to kill yourself, buy a 700! yikes

·
Registered
38 Posts
Warrior is definetaly better for trails. it has a higher ground clearance. My Raptor is pretty good on the trails but I like to ride it on the track or similar terrain. Yeah stay away from the 01 or earlier Raptors for that tranny problem. Also My Raptor had problem with the starter clutch but I got a L&A design starter clutch and haven't had any other problems with it.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
im4fmx said:
Warrior is definetaly better for trails. it has a higher ground clearance. My Raptor is pretty good on the trails but I like to ride it on the track or similar terrain. Yeah stay away from the 01 or earlier Raptors for that tranny problem. Also My Raptor had problem with the starter clutch but I got a L&A design starter clutch and haven't had any other problems with it.
Dont look for anything earlier than a 2001 Raptor, they dont exist

·
Registered
59 Posts
well if you find a raptor earlier then an 01, i'd buy it, cuz it's probably worth some money. lol

A raptor is a different beast, and it all depends on where you're gonna ride, for sport or trail. I have ridden both, no comparison to a raptor. Since i got the raptor, i'm too lazy to ride my banshee even! Tho speed wise, no comparison to a banshee, especially in the sand and up the hills

·
Registered
679 Posts
yea. the warrioirs take a beating. they are real good trail quads. but the raptor is better for all aroundriding especially better than the warrior for the dunes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i would buy a 660 if u can. i think u would get tired with the warriors performance and want somethign a lil faster. i believe you would be more satisfied with a raptor, although some downsides are the front end likes to pull up and they are lil top heavy but after a lil riding and learn how to handle the bike it shouldn't be a problem. if the warrior is ur first atv then i would stick with it for a while for experience before jumping on a 660.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.