Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,

So i just learned i cant get my usual synth oil from an auto shop up here. Im currently running Sinto full synthetic 10w40. Now im looking for a wet clutch approved 100% synthetic oil that wont cost me too much and will be good for my raptor. Something i can get at Wallmart by the quart. Money is tight as always and dont want to buy a gallon jug (4 liters) need to buy 2 quarts only.

Can you help me please guys. I got to buy it today after work! A common blend is good enough im thinking Rotella T diesel synthetic but do they sell it by the quart and what weight oil: 15w40 or somethin else? Not mobil 1 or Amsoil its just too rich for my blood right now.

As always thanks alot guy's...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Buy the Rotella T6 in 5w-40, it comes in a gallon jug for around 20 bucks.

If you can't spare the 30 bucks for an oil and filter either run a cheaper oil in the quad or simply don't ride it. If you don't ride it, it won't need to have the oil changed and you can wait until you have the extra cash for the oil you want.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can i get it at Wallmart? And is it 100% synthetic?

Thanks alot Mike i really appreciate your help on this!

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Mobil 1 Racing 4T is a great oil. I have seen oil analysis done after running in a 700 engine and it looked great. I don't think Walmart carries it, but it is available at pretty much every auto parts store for around $10/quart.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mobil 1 Racing 4T is a great oil. I have seen oil analysis done after running in a 700 engine and it looked great. I don't think Walmart carries it, but it is available at pretty much every auto parts store for around $10/quart.
Not a bad price! Thanks WOBBLE i appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cant seem to find the MOBIL 1 racing 4T is this one good?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Mobil 1 MX4T was renamed Mobil 1 Racing 4T because that's what it was known as outside the states. It's the same stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok cool but ouch! Its like 15.99 a bottle without tax.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Wal-Mart carries the Rotella. I usually only see it in gallon jugs.

Auto parts stores like Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, Pep Boys, and the like have had the Mobil 1 4T. Canadian Tire I know carries it but I would expect the price to be similar. Despite the fact that the Canadian $ and US $ are so very close it doesn't seem to make sense than the Canadian prices are so much higher.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's $9.99 USD everywhere around here. (Northwest USA)
Why do we pay more for the same freakin bottle i mean here in Canada its BS i tell you!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya still BS if you ask me...bunch of credit chicken porkers...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess ill wait and just buy the best and not ride until 3 weekends from now. Man i hate being poor!

On another note...Is the grizzly oil filter the same as the rappy oil filter?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amsoil or Mobil 1 i mean...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well finally i did find some oil and bought the oil filter! 12.99 for a quart and wet clutch safe 100% synthetic. Went to crappy tire store to get it (Canadian Tire). Will be doing it this weekend...Now all i need to know is that tork size for the crankcase bolt. I tought it was 16 OMG was i ever wrong LOL do you guys know the appropriate size. I need to swap it for the good one when i get home tonight. DOH!

Thanks guys!...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Found it its 10mm hex or allen key! I love google LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts