Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 raptor 350. I bought it last summer from a friend who claimed to have bored it out but didnt tell me to what. it has an hmf slip on but other than that appears to be completely stock. I took it out about three times with no troubles at all. One morning I started it to take it for a ride and it started a little hard but finally got it running....I pulled it out of the garage and into the drive way and let it warm up for a second and then shut it off bc I had forgotten something from in the house. When I came back out I could not start it at all. this happend for a good two weeks and nothing i did would start it....i then took the carb off and cleaned all the jets and internals of the carb and it fired right up with no problem. took it out for a ride and had no problems til about two hours into the ride when it would idle extremely high...i adjusted the idle but didnt help much. After riding it again another time no problems and then it started giving me problems with starting again. at times it will choke and cough like its gonna start and then it will just sit there and crank forever. No matter what I have done it still gives the same problems....every once in a while it will just fire up and shut off and repeat itself til it just stops firing at all. checked spark and i have good spark and good compression.....if anyone can give me atleast a place to start checking that would be awesome all input is appreciated....thank you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Double check the choke and its connection at the carb. That cheap plastic connector can strip or mis tread and cause similar problems if air is leaking. With the compression and spark checking out, it definitely sounds fuel related.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts