Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 raptor 700, its currently has a Yoshimura full exhaust and a K&N filter.

my plan is to do the below upgrades, i just want to know if these will work good together.

1. Yoshimura full exhaust.

2. Billet Throttle Body 54 mil 54mm Kit w/ Air Intake FCI TB.

3. Hot Cams Cam Stage 2.

4. PCV

let me know your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Hopefully you already have some sort of fuel controller as an exhaust and K&n will cause a lean condition without adding fuel.
Hotcam 2 will work fine.

The 54mm throttle body kit is way overkill for a stock head. At best you will gain small ammount of high rpm power, at worst it will not run well in lower rpms.
For a stock valve head, the proper throttle body upgrade would be a 47mm (+3 mm bore on the stock throttle body).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully you already have some sort of fuel controller as an exhaust and K&n will cause a lean condition without adding fuel.
Hotcam 2 will work fine.

The 54mm throttle body kit is way overkill for a stock head. At best you will gain small ammount of high rpm power, at worst it will not run well in lower rpms.
For a stock valve head, the proper throttle body upgrade would be a 47mm (+3 mm bore on the stock throttle body).
unfortunately I'm running it without a fuel controller but going get one in the next couple of days.

What about the FCI? would that be fine with the stock head? and would you recommend a PCV with an PCV Auto Tune kit from dynojet?

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Fci is great, best performing intake you can get to work with stock throttle bodies.
I would get the regular pc5 that has fuel and ignition. If you order it from a sponsor or a shop, it should come mapped for your setup.

Also Cuervo racing charges $25 for a map if you’re not already a customer. The auto tune isn’t that great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fci is great, best performing intake you can get to work with stock throttle bodies.
I would get the regular pc5 that has fuel and ignition. If you order it from a sponsor or a shop, it should come mapped for your setup.

Also Cuervo racing charges $25 for a map if you’re not already a customer. The auto tune isn’t that great.
Then i guess ill go with the FCI, and thanks for the advise, much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts