Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow raptor maniacs,i could use a lil help.my rappy is a 07 and has curtis sparks big core exhaust,pro design/K&N filter.Lid off, and PCIII.I Cant find the EXACT map for my setup.Ive tried the 2 maps from curtis sparks web site.one is their "A" map.bike ran fine.pulled the plug and its clean and white.i suspect its a lil on the lean side.so i tried their "B" map which is "slightly richer". bike ran fine.checked plug and it was black and sooty.i suspect this map is a lil too rich?should i just live with one of these maps? or does anyone have a suggestion or map that might help? ive heard that u can adjust your entire map richer or leaner,but i have no idea how too do that.Id love to have it dynoed but after the big 3 im poor..thanks guys your help is appreaciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hook up your 9volt battery adapter to the PCIII. as soon as you hook it up, press all three buttons at once and hold them until the led light on the left lights up in the middle. then release buttons and adjust the low, med and high settings. By pressing each button individually once it will adjust your map 2% richer with each push of the buttons. By holding each button down individually it will make your map leaner. I had to do this on mine. the map I had was way to lean. I adjusted each led light almost all the way to the top.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
To lean/richen a entire map or areas of the map here is the way I do it.

1) Pull the map up on you computer
2) Click and hold on the area you want to start the change
3)drag the mouse over the area to change holding down the left click button

This should highlight the area blue to be changed

4)once area you want changed is highlighted blue use the page up/page down key on your keyboard to adjust the highlighted section 1% per click

5) Change the name of the map you made and save it. So it is easy to recognize and you dont overwrite the map you started with.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply guys they definitly help.what i wanna do is use the curtis sparks 'a' map which is just a pinch lean and richen it up jus a lil bit.map 'a' is a lil too lean and map "b" is a lil to rich.i need my map to be sumwhere in the middle.I have a laptop and have viewed the 2 maps open with the pcIII software and they are completley different,lots of different numbers.if i attempt too mod the map this way im confident ill screw it up.what i really need here is sumone with expeirence too possibly tweak the curtis"A" map for me a tiny bit richer but less than the"B" map and email it too me?id be really greatefull!!!! thanks much guys.keep kickin ass on those raptors!!!Raptor Randy where are you?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Man I just compared the 2 maps and they really richend it up alot at low throttle postions.

Where are you having problems at on each map?

I think it may be better to lean out the richer map some down low and leave it like it is at the upper throttle postions depending on your issues. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i cant really say im having any problems regarding rpm ranges just that when i pull the plug on the "A" map its clean and white as paper and on the "B" map its black and very sooty.im searchin for the tan color

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awsum.i really appreciate it guy.if anyone has a map they think will help my email is [email protected] ill try it and let you know the results..thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts