Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys, i'm not new just stumped. i have a raptor 660 01 and its like its dead.
so i was having problems last year with it starting but would start and when i got it out this year nothing.

so i replaced the starter solenoid and the negative battery cable. now its still not working. checked all the fuses and there all good. i hook a test light up to the fuse on the solenoid and nothing, maybe the battery?:wow:

when i jump the solenoid it turns over but doesn't start new plug and it doesn't start. idk what to do next
if any one wants to help deeply appreciate it

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check your key switch connector for corrosion. Maybe check all of them while your at it.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Only one fuse is actually used, the other is a spare.

WHere do you lose 12V? This should be a hint as to where the problem is. Follow from battery to starter relay to red wire on top of relay to key switch to brown wire on other side of switch to red/white splice, to run/stop switch, to red/black other side of switch to CDI... SOMEWHERE in there, 12V is lost - you need to find where. (Assuming your battery is charged).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no does nothing when i push start button i will check all wiring when i get up in morning before work, and i checked the wiring before i posted on the site i pulled out all the wires from the cdi and cleaned with air and im with quad on this i dont know how im loosing the 12 v because it turning over when i jump the solenoid

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
THat only tells you that 12V is reaching the solenoid - now follow it as I described and find where it gets lost on it's way to the CDI...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
no does nothing when i push start button i will check all wiring when i get up in morning before work, and i checked the wiring before i posted on the site i pulled out all the wires from the cdi and cleaned with air and im with quad on this i dont know how im loosing the 12 v because it turning over when i jump the solenoid
If it doesnt start when you push on the start button, you need to verify you have you neutral switch working and or your clutch working, do the dash lights work.............does the neutral light come on.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright guys i'm looking at the bike every thing looks good no corrosion but when i replaced the negative battery cable i didn't realize that when i replaced it there was a black wire grounded to it to the ground so i'm gonna wire it back to it and see what happens ill get back to you guys with the update

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i was messing with it i wired the black wire back to the negative ground and nothing happened when i jump the solenoid the nuetral light comes on but doesnt start im gunna mess with it agian tomorrow and see if i can get it going ill have more time this weekend im just not very good with electrical :mad:

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Good luck - ask questions if you can't figure something out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok guys when i get up i'm going to mess with it some more, Ok like i said i'm not good with electrical so we'll see how it goes. i wired the black wire back to the ground and nothing and i was going through the posts and seen something about the neutral switch where is that located on the bike? and quad im not sure about the electrical i don't know where to begin i tore all the plastics off and did a little of looking around all the wires are good and every thing looks like its connected and not corroded so im gonna clean every thing up and take a second look but what is the first thing i should look for sorry for being like a newbie but i kinda am when it come to this i can tare a motor part and put it back together with my eyes closed but im stupid when it comes to this i guess

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok guys when i get up i'm going to mess with it some more, Ok like i said i'm not good with electrical so we'll see how it goes. i wired the black wire back to the ground and nothing and i was going through the posts and seen something about the neutral switch where is that located on the bike? and quad im not sure about the electrical i don't know where to begin i tore all the plastics off and did a little of looking around all the wires are good and every thing looks like its connected and not corroded so im gonna clean every thing up and take a second look but what is the first thing i should look for sorry for being like a newbie but i kinda am when it come to this i can tare a motor part and put it back together with my eyes closed but im stupid when it comes to this i guess
The neutral start switch is located under the drive sprocket and has a blue wire attached to it by a screw, the other switch is the reverse switch and it has a bullet style connector.
To verify if the neutral start circuit works, the blue wire can be grounded and this tells the cdi that the bike is in neutral and allows the bike to be started, of if you have an ohmeter you can check the neutral switch with an ohmeter and putting the trans in neutral...............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts