Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
'07 Raptor 700, mods include Power Commander and exhaust.
Battery wasnt holding a charge so decided to charge it. Forgot about it over night on fast charge, so battery was toasted. Since then I cant get it to turn over. Ive checked the fuses, connections and anything else I can think of but im lost. Display acts normal, no codes. When first turning on the key, fuel pump turns on, and a relay near the Fuse box makes a screeching noise for about 10 seconds then stops. If the engine kill switch is in, or put into the off position, the relay stops screeching. Also when pushing the start switch the Starter relay makes a loud buzzing noise and vibrates.
Im lost where to start trouble shooting, im thinking start with replacing the relay near the fuse box?
Anyone have any advice or checks I could do to narrow down the problem.
Should also note the Power Commander is getting power

·
Registered
615 Posts
Kind of a stupid suggestion because I am sure you did but I believe in starting with the basics first.

I am assuming you purchased a new battery since the other one was toast? Most ATV batteries you have to charge prior to install, did you charge it? What you are describing sounds like either a weak battery or a bad connection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes new Battery and charged. That's what has me scratching my head thinking it might be a relay but everything seems to be powering up like normal.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I know you said you checked connections, but something similar happened to me in the past. Turned out this bolt was loose. Might be worth a closer look if you haven't checked that specific connection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After some more playing around, swapped in a friends battery and it fired right up. Looks like the new battery was faulty.

Thank you for your guy's responses!

·
Registered
615 Posts
After some more playing around, swapped in a friends battery and it fired right up. Looks like the new battery was faulty.

Thank you for your guy's responses!

That was my next suggestion lol. I have seen several new batteries that were crap as well. Glad to hear you have it figured out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts