Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: :help: :help:Ok, went today and got a power commander, pulled my trinity EFI off. Now what do I do. I put the trinity map in there. But now when I look at the table all I see is #'s with -'s to me its looks like the dam matrix. Can someone help me or send me a map. Also this pump thing what do I do with it. I now nothing about this EFI stuff, thats why I've been afraid of getting it. Someone take a little time top explain this to me. Thanks ahead. :help: :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
163 Posts
well i'm kinda tackling the same issue, but i think i am way better off than you are since i was gutsy about it and decided to mess with it.. did your PCIII come with a custom map.. if not.. then go here http://www.powercommander.com/416-411.aspx and download the map that is most suitable to your mods.. and just see which one runs best..

as for accel pump, i am facing problems with that which i intend to solve in a few mins.. my problem is the accel pump feature doesn't detect my PCIII on both my quads.. so i don;t know what's the common problem.. but i will solve this :grin_nod: i'll let you know what comes up..

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well been missing with it now for a bit, time to go out and test. Now when I go out for my test ride is there anything I should look for or feel for. Also if I fell that it need a little more what should I be adjusting.

·
Registered
163 Posts
things to look for to know your not set up right is frequent crackling and popping.. backfiring.. backfiring on deceleration.. and this case happened to me when i first installed the pcIII and figured out it came with no map from fuel moto.. the back would chop up at anything abouve 50% throttle.. so basically anything less than how you were running with your old EFI would mean you're not quite there yet..

i solved the accel pump issue.. or it kinda solved itself.. i just ran it and it worked this time.. weird..

anyway.. just d/l the patch from the website.. run it while connected to the PCIII, click on the enable accel pump button.... after you enable it.. open your PCIII console and go to power commander tools (if i recall correctly, sorry on work PC) under that tab there should be an accel pump option.. move the slider to 80% sensitivity, and the other 2 boxes fill them in with 20 each.. this is for starters.. you will have to toggle these numbers based on what you feel.. common numbers are 80 20 20, 80 20 15, and there are some recommended numbers on the power commander website you might wanna check out.. i just set it at 80 20 20 and left it cuz i didnt have that much time to mess around and test it..
hope this helps :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.