Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am new to the raptor scene i just bought a 03 660 about 2 months ago and just a few days i ago i was going to change my spark plug for the first time and when i pulled the plug boot off and i noticed there was oil in spark plug cylinder it had a decent amount of oil in it the quad dosent burn oil it has good compression so what could be causing this a gasket or something thanks in advance SAML

·
Registered
37 Posts
if it has good compression and is not burning any oil then there is no reason at all for oil to be getting inside there. Only things I can think of is your transfer tube might be leaking at a place for it to run down into there, or its just some old greasy grimey water theat has been in there for a loong time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just put the new plug in and put the plug boot on but not all the way drove it around the yard and its spilling oil out off the spark plug cylinder and i was thinking i do alot off wheelies could this be causing it and i still have to check the tube thanks SAML

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
you probably have a leak between the head and rocker box. There is no actual gasket between these two parts, just RTV so it could be leaking there. Pretty easy fix really, just pull the rocker box in accordance with the manuals directions, clean all the old rtv off, apply the new yamabond or substitute gasket maker and re-assemble.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just got the raptor done it was just the sealent between the cover and the head thanks coalshed yea but i got another problum while i was checking for leaks i noticed my radiator has a pin size leak in it squrits out ever time i give it a little gas now how do i go about fixing that thanks SAML

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.