Raptor Forum banner

Need help

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  16'raptor700rse 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Jonathan I am new to this forum or new to any forum. Anyway I had recently owned a 05 yfz450r and it had some work done,anyway sold it now own 16 raptor 700r anniversary edition, and its bone stock. Im not happy, so do I do the big 3?

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

If you look on Barkersexhaust.com they have full packages ready to go. Or look at a vendor in here, KBmotorsports.com. Call Kenneth over there and talk to him direct, telling him exactly what you are looking for, maybe get a better deal.

Reactions: ian77
#4 · (Edited)
First why are you not happy? Too slow? If you want to do the big 3 i would call cuervo and he can hook you up. If you spend an Extra 600 bucks you can make an extra 10 hp on top if the 10 you get from the big3. Which would roughly put you at 60ish hp. Monster exhaust fci pcv hotcams 3 plus 3 tb and a clutch mod and you will be good to go. Then you're gonna wanna start messing with the suspension and what not lol

#8 ·
My budget is 2k,which is everything adds up to with the way I want the barkers big 3. I guess I'm not happy cause the responsiveness and maybe cause the exhaust is mad quiet, and the engine seems loud I guess. I just dont know if I will notice a difference with the upgrade, or just go back to the 450

#11 ·
You will notice the difference with a Big 3.

Once you get some mods on these things a 450 is no threat at all. I would think with that budget you can even add high compression piston and porting. What is your location? Even give Cuervo Racing a call out in Oregon, he would maybe be able to give you an all in cost for everything as he does it all in house.

Reactions: Scotscockney
#12 ·
Here is Cuervo contact, Google him as well. He has a facebook.

28767 bodenhamer road (991.84 mi)
Eugene, Oregon 97402
(951) 743-6328
Hours 9 AM - 6 PM

#15 ·
With 2k you cab do the big 5 with a clutch mod. Since you have a 16 i would highly suggest using a monster exhuast single. The raptor engine slightly changed in 2015, the engine seems to be the happest with the monster single. That exhuast is alot louder than stock. If you a cam and plus 3 throttle making the big 3, a big 5 your bike is gonna fly. I would also do the clutch mod to insure you clutch last.

#16 ·
You have Henry's porting service on the East side, I wouldn't hesitate using him either. Whatever route you go, keep us posted. We always love watching builds come to fruition.

#17 ·
HPS won't give a map for the PC5 but Cuervo will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.