Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i wanna plan ahead on what ill be needing, can anyone help on what brands to get and all that. i deff want stuff to keep me warm in the winter, cause i hate cold lol.

i know that ill need

Helmet
goggles
gloves
and some kind of mask would be nice for the winter, but not sure what to look for with that

and would i need boots, pants,and jersey?

any help would be great since im new at the gear stuff

·
Registered
340 Posts
You'll need all those things. You want to make sure the two most important parts of your body are protected. your head and your spine. Check 661, Alpine Stars, ect for those products. Don't skimp on your helmet or a set of "body armor" I know I almost pooped my pants when I was pricing them, but you tend to get what you pay for. Make sure you get a roost guard too. It isnt debilitating, but hurts like hell when you catch a rock to the tit or sternum. Boots, you can go a little cheap on these, it will take some time to break them in, but once you have them, you'll never want to ride with out them. Pants and jersey are tertiary items in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for all that,

a couple questions, the boots, what do they help while riding, like there not a pain trying to drive with? (never tried them b4)
and what site(s) do you recomened

Thanks,
mike

·
Registered
340 Posts
The boots will support your ankles. as well as act as a heat shield for the pipes, 700's get REAL HOT. I'd go to a local shop and buy the boots. See what they have to offer and you can try them on. Also check Dennis Kirk, they usually have decent selection. Better yet, google motocross gear and see what pops up. You'll be surprised at the limitless retailers of this crap who are online.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Definitely dont chintz on the protection! I wear 661 body armor, have fallen off my quad several times since a broken shoulder blade back in june and havent even come close to hurting myself again. Also, like frank said- the boots will protect your ankle/leg from breaks and shield the heat from the headpipe. I bought the O'neal element boot...took some breaking in but I wont ride without em now. Affordable and functional. I watched a buddy break his leg earlier this year, if he was wearing boots instead of tennis shoes I think he would have been ok.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i never thought all that stuff was necessary untill u guys explained more. i always thought it was mainly just for competitions and just like that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts