Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 raptor 700...today i went riding and hit a few bumps on the dirt rode the my raptor shut off. i tried starting it an it wont start. however i turned the key switch off and back on again and it crunk up and i took off but it shut off again. once i got it started again i took off again and it shut off as i was riding it. now as long as i pullled the clutch in an turned the key switch off and back on it would start up and i would take off. so i had to continuely pull the clutch in, tune the key switch off and back on it would start. thats how i make it home...so what would cause it the shut off while riding continuely?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Uhm i dont know but ill give this thread a bump up for you. I hope one of the pros on here chimes in for you.

Do you get an error code at all?

·
Registered
664 Posts
You need to read the code...count the flashes..after the pause is the second number..

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You need to read the code...count the flashes..after the pause is the second number..
+1

If you have the manual, there's a list of the codes in there.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Its says its the crank shaft position sensor in the fault codes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
could the lean air sensor cause that problem. i notice that the 2 bolts and nuts were gone and it was flopping around. i crunk it up an layed the sensor down an the bike shut off. i remounted the sensor and it stayed runnung.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Well its a start if its still running after you fix it LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts