Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up,
Ive been thinking of buying a 660 or a 700. I got a couple grand saved up for a quad. ? is i know motorcycles (streetbikes) but not atvs. Im wanting to get the bike for trail quad and some mudding. I already have 4x4 quads. My ?, is the 700 that much more superior to the 660? Friends say there is a big difference b/twn the 2. 2. What should i look for when evaluating some of the bikes i take a look at and choose between buying which one. 3. Whats are the mods you get bang for your buck.4. When looking for a bike should i be weary of modded bikes or not? Whats a good price? W/o going to crazy. Just want to ride 4 fun not race or mx. Im a big guy 6'4 290 athletic build (football) so i want something that is going to be an added advantage. And whats better sparks, or barkers, fmf, dmc exhaust? Please help me with what you have. All is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Depends on how much money you have saved up. You can get nice used 700s in the $3,500 range. I just bought my 660 for $2,200 and its a pretty nice quad now that I fixed it up some. There isn't really a huge difference between the two, the 700 just has more convenience factors (FI, 2007SE,2008-up better suspension). Plus, since the 700s are still in production, its way easier to find parts and accessories for them. I just rode my first 700 yesterday, and it had the big 3. Overall the power wasn't all that much of a difference over my 660. It was smoother though because of the fuel injection. I think almost every member here would agree, if you can afford it buy a 700. As for exhaust, the ones you listed are high quality performance except for FMF sort of. FMF is kind of middle of the road where Barkers, Sparks, and DMC all make pretty big power. Depends what mods you do to your quad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts