Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo guys, new guy here, i need to cut the chat and get to buisiness..
I hav a 03' raptor 660 limeted ed. black with red flames.. i recently blew a hole through my bearing carrier and had to buy a new one..I bought one from Moto-man.com its a RAD Magnum dual row carrier. the install was going well when i ran into a problem, and ill try and explain the best i can.
The sproket hub seems to be hitting the sleeve/spacer inside the carrier, causeing the sprocket not to sit where it should which makes the chain now crooked. hope im setting the right visual. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!?? if i need to post a vid or some pics i will..
Any help would be great
and yes my user name is wrong, soppose to be CobraFrenzy haha:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Best bet is probably going to be to post some pictures of the problem, at very least.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Have you downloaded the manual and verified that you have the components installed in the correct order?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you downloaded the manual and verified that you have the components installed in the correct order?
ya that guy i bought it off, gave me a whole machanic manual, ill post some pics later. Its a simple job really its just bonein me for some reason

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
It's usually something stupid, that will have you slapping your forehead when you find it... hope this is the case.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Whilst installing my rad carrier i had a similar problem it turned out there was about 2mm of metal welded itself to my axle after grinding it down to the correct mesurement it slided right in.

the sprocket hub should sit snug into the bearing and sit flush with the inner spacer

please post pics itll make the guys here more likely spot your problem.

in this pic the old bearing cage was stuck to the axle it looked like it was meant to be there
if yours looks like this you will need to cut the old bearing cage off the axle be very carefull doing this or you may need another axle
could this be your problem?

heres a photo of my rad carrier

if yours is the same you will need longer bolts for your rear brake caliper to sit right.

hope this helps .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whilst installing my rad carrier i had a similar problem it turned out there was about 2mm of metal welded itself to my axle after grinding it down to the correct mesurement it slided right in.

the sprocket hub should sit snug into the bearing and sit flush with the inner spacer

please post pics itll make the guys here more likely spot your problem.

in this pic the old bearing cage was stuck to the axle it looked like it was meant to be there
if yours looks like this you will need to cut the old bearing cage off the axle be very carefull doing this or you may need another axle
could this be your problem?

heres a photo of my rad carrier

if yours is the same you will need longer bolts for your rear brake caliper to sit right.

hope this helps .
are carriers are identical, we hav the same one. ill try and most somepics today, altho im preety busy dealing with putting a new suspension on my car. thx for the feed back thus far guys ill try and get those pics ASAP
btw the carrier came with the bolts for the brake cal, they still wont work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thought i would just shoot a vid rather than pics hope this works:confused:
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1207.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb478%2F1996MustangCobrasvt%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2FIMG_0527.mp4">

1 - 13 of 13 Posts