Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have bought a 06 yamaha raptor 350...its in pretty good condition garage kept some rust....it has been sitting for two years or so and the battery was dead when i bought it i got it for a great price and i knew the previous owner and it was barrely riden...i bought a new battery and now the soleniod is buzzing really loud and not starting...ive read some forums so i ordered a new starter and soleniod...only the starter came today i installed it correctly and still wont even kick over..so i tryed to jump the soleniod by hitting the two prongs with a screw driver and still nothing...im starting to get alittle worried bc ive read that by hitting the prongs on the soleniod with the screw driver it should bypass it no matter what...i need some help and some direction im still waiting on the soleniod to be delivered....please help

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Take that little plastic cover off that says "Yamaha" on the left side of the motor. Try turning it over with a 17mm ratchet/socket. See if it will turn a full revolution. Also, it could be the plug on the clutch perch, push it in and move it around and try turning it over. Try the wire first though:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts