Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i buy an exhaust system( or just a slip on) do i have to have a pc or some type of programmer to run it on the bike saftly, or will it be fine just bolting that bad boy up?

·
Registered
287 Posts
LOTS of posts on the subject...but YES you should use a fuel system controller (i.e. Dobeck or PC3).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damit, i was affraid of that. now will i see any improvement at all in performance whatsoever if i just bought a programmer? i.e. PC

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
blue700 said:
damit, i was affraid of that. now will i see any improvement at all in performance whatsoever if i just bought a programmer? i.e. PC
I sure did ! When I first got my 700R last year. The first mod I did is the PCIII when it first became ava. for the 700R, just pulling the baffle and removing the lid from the airbox and installing the PCIII made a world of difference in my machine at the time. Unreal throttle responce and acceleration compared to stock :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Intake is handled by EFI. Any exahust changes are not compensated by it without remaping so yes you need an aftermarket controller.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
SWFRider said:
Intake is handled by EFI. Any exahust changes are not compensated by it without remaping so yes you need an aftermarket controller.
.......You really should run an aftermarket controller even if you mess with the intake at all too. Just removing the lid leans it out pretty bad. These machines come slightly lean from the get-go.....you dont want to make it worst by removing the lid.
The computer compinsates yes, but not for that big of a change in air intake. It will not add the correct amount of fuel, and hince you will run lean :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts