Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A co-worker is selling his 2002 raptor to me. It starts great and runs great only draw back is it won't shift into 2nd gear, just from 1st straight to 3rd. I would like some advice or thoughts on what could be the problem. Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
It could be the tranny - OUCH or it could be the clutch - Less of an OUCH but still.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
A co-worker is selling his 2002 raptor to me. It starts great and runs great only draw back is it won't shift into 2nd gear, just from 1st straight to 3rd. I would like some advice or thoughts on what could be the problem. Thank you
2nd gear malfunction........

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
2nd gear malfunction........
Are you sure you put alot of tought in that answer Willy? LMFAO

And i know your way better at this than i am! 2nd gear malfunction -

No shnit Sherlock! ROFL :rofl:

I shouldent talk shnit i havent really said anything that could help him really...Anyway...

Willy do you think he should open it up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, I mis-understood him when he said it was a 2002, it's a 2001. I guess 2001's had a real problem with weak gears, especially the 2nd gear. I am buying it for $300.00 and I am planning on replacing the gears myself. Any ideas on how much the upgrade gears will cost?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
600 bucks IIRC for the tranny parts if you buy them new and that was a number of years ago, better off looking for a used trans from an 02-05 model on ebay or the classifieds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts