Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Yamaha raptor 350 which came with a DG exhaust, DG bumper, and extended rear axle. Other than that I believe it is mostly stock. I am currently looking for a new carburetor, a replacement chain and sprocket, and maybe looking at a different pipe.

The carb has a few of the bowl mounting threads stripped because the previous owner was an idiot. It leaks like a hose whenever the gas is on. Will getting a specific carb increase performance?

I am looking to maybe get some extra quickness from the chain and sprockets. Should I change tooth in the back or front? How much will that effect it overall?

The pipe I have is DG and is louder than heck but I don’t feel any extra power coming from it. Should I replace with a better one? I’d like to get some low end grunt.
-Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,795 Posts
Smaller sprocket in front, larger in rear will make it quicker but affect top end. Does the pipe need repacking? That will affect performance too.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I have a 2008 Yamaha raptor 350 which came with a DG exhaust, DG bumper, and extended rear axle. Other than that I believe it is mostly stock. I am currently looking for a new carburetor, a replacement chain and sprocket, and maybe looking at a different pipe.

The carb has a few of the bowl mounting threads stripped because the previous owner was an idiot. It leaks like a hose whenever the gas is on. Will getting a specific carb increase performance?

I am looking to maybe get some extra quickness from the chain and sprockets. Should I change tooth in the back or front? How much will that effect it overall?

The pipe I have is DG and is louder than heck but I don’t feel any extra power coming from it. Should I replace with a better one? I’d like to get some low end grunt.
-Thanks!
The DG exhaust was popular along with the White Brothers E-Series, FMF Megamax back in the day for the Warrior. The Slip on was the best bang for your dollar until you went big bore stroker kit. Realistically the header on the warrior is fine for several different engine combinations.

You may be tempted to purchase an Edelbrock carburetor off e-bay. You shouldn't because replacement parts are almost impossible to purchase. The throttle cable which we've had a lot of calls about lately are completely sold out. I would try and replace the float in your current carb and see if that helps the fuel. You should be able to find someone to clean up the threads of the bowl.

I preferred stock gearing on the warrior back in the day, but if your trails are really tight and you're having issues with it stalling go up 1-2 teeth in the rear. However, I wouldn't do anything until you get the carb issues sorted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts