Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a stock 2007 raptor 700r. I already have my mind set on the Barker duals. I have gave myself a budget of $2000 I'm just trying to get some tips on where to spend the other roughly $1300 dollars to get the best performance outta my bike. We mostly run trails in southern missouri nothing to extreme. But we do line em up and drag race sometimes.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
You will need a EFI controller to go with the duals. Since you want to make the most power I would get the PC5. Then either an FCI intake or a Monster Flow Intake.

You should have enough left over to purchase a cam and Piston. I would go with one of these rebuild kits so it has everything you need in it.

http://www.tqsatv.com/proddetail.php?prod=Raptor-700-Engine-rebuild-kit

This should be a bit under your budget.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
For $2000 I'd get...
Barkers w/ quiet cores/sparkies/billet straps
PC5
FCI w/ Box: $1333

Top end kit
Hc3
11:1 JE piston: $310

Then either new tires or a CCP stabilizer..

For tires I suggest the Maxxis Razr II's. I love mine!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Add a CP 11:1 piston, Hotcams Stage 3 and One of our +3mm bored throttle bodies for a great running pump gas build ....60+ hp
fuel maps with the PC3/5 weve got that covered for ya

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was talking to my buddy who used to work at a local powersport shop. He told me that with the stage3 hotcam i will lose alot of the top end and i should probally go with the stage2 any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also I was wanting to do some research the PC3/5 is that an abbreviation? What should I type in the search engine?

·
Registered
528 Posts
stage 3 hotcam you will gain a bunch on top compared to stock and lose a negligible amount of power on the bottom. going up to 11:1 compression will more than make up for the power loss on the bottom when going stage 3 over stage 2, from what I've read. I only had a stage 2 at one point because there was no stage 3 then or i'd have gone stage 3 without thinking twice.

PC3/5 is short for Power Commander, version 3 or 5, 5 being the newest. Both are good and are the piggy back fuel injection controllers.

Remember with all of this new found power you are going to have to put it to the ground. New rear tires may be in the cards as well as gearing. with this power i'd try a 15T front sprocket, can be had for $10. If you want to go fast on the trails do the big 3 and maybe hotcam 2 and sink some $$$ into your suspension or a steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After sitting down a doing a little research. I found out the barkers dual full assembly powder coated black is gonna run me around $1100:( I had my mind set on it and i know i'm gonna kick myself in the ass if i get something i don't want just cause its cheaper. So should i hold off on the top end rebuild and just get the barkers and a EFI for now? Is there any other mods i need to do to complete that project? Air intake ect? By the way thanks for your Help fellows hopefully one day i'll be able to answer your question:)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
After sitting down a doing a little research. I found out the barkers dual full assembly powder coated black is gonna run me around $1100:( I had my mind set on it and i know i'm gonna kick myself in the ass if i get something i don't want just cause its cheaper. So should i hold off on the top end rebuild and just get the barkers and a EFI for now? Is there any other mods i need to do to complete that project? Air intake ect? By the way thanks for your Help fellows hopefully one day i'll be able to answer your question:)
Get you a FCI intake for when you get a +3tb later you'll have the most possible air flow.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
A throttle body that's bored 3mm over stock for higher air flow.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hi I just bought a stock 2007 raptor 700r. I already have my mind set on the Barker duals. I have gave myself a budget of $2000 I'm just trying to get some tips on where to spend the other roughly $1300 dollars to get the best performance outta my bike. We mostly run trails in southern missouri nothing to extreme. But we do line em up and drag race sometimes.
Barker Exhaust
FCI Intake W/Box
Hot Cam Stage II
Power Commander
$1279.95 (Unbeatable)

You might want to take a look at this thread if your interested in getting more for your hard earn dollar.

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83543

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay If I pick up the barker duals, FCI intake, +3tb, stage3 hotcam and a PC5. I feel confident I can install everything. UNTIL the pc5 mapping. I have seen threads where the distributer you pick it up from will map it out for your bike but you're not goin to be perfectlly tuned. If i'm not out racing for money just to have fun will i have issues? Is it worth taking it to a dyno? If so how does it cost to run on a dyno? I live south of ST. Louis MO where would I even find a quad dyno around here? I know i have alot of questions by any input will help

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
When you get a pc5 pre mapped they're close in most cases. Some people try 3-4 base maps from others with similar mods. If can afford going to a dyno for a custom map do it. Me I've only been on a dyno twice both was very long drives. Maybe we can start a thread about where dynos are because they are few and far between according to where you live. I'd run the base map awhile then look at the plug see if it's colored right if not grab another base map. Dl700 has giving me maps that's been almost dead on according to my plug color. Maps are really easy to load and save the old maps so you can go back and fourth to any map you may have. All you need is a laptop or a PC where you can get a USB cable to your pc5

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I figured they had to be pretty expensive. Do you tune it on your PC or just down load the map to the power commander and hope its the right one?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You can tune them on your PC or laptop just change the fuel tables.

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Why exactly are you set on the Barkers so much? I am just curious, there are alot of options out there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks spider I feel alot more comfortable buying it now knowing i don't have to go to a dyno! I'm sure once i start this project i will have a bunch of more questions:) Haha it was love at first site. I'm still learning alot I dont know how they stand with power increase compared to other dual exhaust systems. But I love the sound and they look great plus nobody around here has them or duals for that matter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts