Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my raptor it is the best quad i have ever ridden but it is not fast enough in the woods its awesome but out in the open its to slow . i have a hmf slip on and a dobeck progamer but its still not enough . i am looking at trinitys 734 kit how big of a difference is this going to make and is it still going relaible. will i still be able lug around on tight trails.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Slip on will not gain you that much, you are still using stock air and header. 734 kit won't do much if it can't get air in and out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah, I havent heard too many good things about trinity. I would consider checking out kenz or rocket factory for a bore or stroker if you want to get serious.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Check out the 149 mph :metal: raptor in the November issue of Dirtwheels mag. I think that would be fast enough but probiably suffer in the woods. :lol: A good shot NOS would help. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
bta15 said:
yeah, I havent heard too many good things about trinity. I would consider checking out kenz or rocket factory for a bore or stroker if you want to get serious.

Trinity's 734 is just fine.....I dont know what your talking about. Infact I am pretty sure rocket started out with a 734 in conjunction with the stroker to get there 770.
I have heard great things about the 734.....just dont expect this 50% hp gain or whatever they say!
Rocket sells the 734 too......and I would definately have them do your porting and such. Its not that trinity does a bad job, its just that supposively there porting is pretty mild.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dude, do you work for trinity? I am just passing on what I have read. Giving him more options. Its not like I was telling him to sell his 700 for a 450. I was just telling him there are other lesser known but "supposively" (sic) equally good or even better companies to consider.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
........no actually you said "I havent heard too many good things about trinity"......leading him to believe that trinity is bad. :chair:
and no I dont "work for trinity"........ha ha. I just dont see the need to dis on a company that is making a good kit for the 700.....for really no reason. I havnt heard of any problems with the 734.....talked with countless owners. The only one that has had a problem was because he took in water and bent the rod.
I agree that rocket and kenz are awesome companies......but there is nothing wrong with the trinity 734 kit either. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just haven't read a whole lot of good things about it on this forum and others

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
hmmmmm.....Been on this forum for a while and havnt heard anything negative?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
First get a full exhaust, fuel controller, and new airfilter. When you get tired of that look at bore/stroke/cam/port/compression increase.

I personally don't take too much stock in what someone's heard from someone else who's heard something. If we all gave information based on personal experience or even stuck to reiterating first hand experiences we've heard from people we trust the data out there would be a lot more reliable.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well I've had my 734 kit for a while now no problems. My only problem was that I had a bent rod but that had nothing to do with trinity. My bike has been running without any problems. Now the big bore is great, maybe there port and polish is not as good because its very mild but theres nothing wrong with it. Is there better porting being done, guess there is. Also remenber they where doing the big bore and the port and polish way before before any one was, maybe they where playing it safe who knows. Maybe there working on bigger and better. But one thing is that its not junk. Nothing bad to say here about trinity. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
902 Posts
700rider:

May I ask what caused the rod failure?

That 734 kit sounds real nice.

Are they taking the stock jug and boring it from 102mm to 105mm? or, 105.5? Then re-nikasil coating it? Or, sleeve?

Is the stock jug in the Raptor 700 a cast alum. jug with a nikasil coating or sleeve like the old 660?

What compression piston are most guys getting with this kit?

Anyone have any pictures of the stock jug next to the 734 jug?

Is the MLS gasket used?

Ok, that's all I have to ask. . . thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
The main reason I didnt go with the 105.5mm piston is it takes "custom" copper gaskets because the factory Yamaha gasket is 103mm(which is my bore size now). There is nothing wrong with copper gaskets, I just want a gasket thats readily available. The Yamaha one is a multilayer as well and its a great gasket. The 700r has a nickle seal coating on the aluminum jug, I just bored it out and put an iron sleeve in it:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=6278.0
Head porting pix:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=6005.0

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
The main reason I didnt go with the 105.5mm piston is it takes "custom" copper gaskets because the factory Yamaha gasket is 103mm(which is my bore size now). There is nothing wrong with copper gaskets, I just want a gasket thats readily available. The Yamaha one is a multilayer as well and its a great gasket. The 700r has a nickle seal coating on the aluminum jug, I just bored it out and put an iron sleeve in it:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=6278.0
Head porting pix:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=6005.0
Rockets gasket is suppose to work great.....trinities is the one you definately want to stay away from!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts