Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend i was out on my raptor riding some trail and hills. The last hill I hit there was a lip of dirt to the side and i clipped it and sent my front end flying up and tumbling backwards down the hill and in the process i bent my steerting stem so bad i cant turn left

If any one has a stock steering stem for sale let me know A.S.A.P. :help:

·
Registered
211 Posts
why spend $80 when your just going to wreck stem again or pitman? have a tricked chromed+1 antivibe stem that won't do that again!$200($300new)

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I didn't like the increased length required for ALL aftermarket stems wtih antivibe clamps, even the supposed "stock length" ones. So I just used the ends from a bent stem and had a friend fab up a new chromoly body and piece them together.

·
Registered
285 Posts
How easy do these things twist. Mine turns sharper one way than the other. The pitman is slightly crooked when the bars are straight. I went to move it over a spline on the shaft and it goes crooked the other direction. There is a small amount of play in the pitman, but not enough to ever get it straight.

Do these things twist?

·
Registered
735 Posts
they twist like a well worked hooker. Id rather pay for a replacement stocker than buy a stronger one and risk bending the frame or other really expensive part. What pisses me off is that the tie rod didnt bend when I twisted my stem....its less work to replace that. I thought about grinding the spline off, but it is already twisted (ie weak) and wouldnt want to chance a break....

its a good idea to keep a weak link somewhere....my new frame costed 600 bucks....and a lot of down time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.