Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 raptor 660:

thinking about getiing a hot came stage 1, and a 101mm weisco piston kit i seen one needs to be bored and one dosent, whats the diff, and how much will it coast to just do these mods. including any other things that need to be replaced. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
anything larger than the stock bore (100mm) will require the cylinder to be bored to fit it. Wiseco makes a 100mm, 100.5mm, 101mm and a 102mm 11:1 piston for the 660. You'll need a top end gasket set also. I can't beat ebay prices on those 2 items.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would be the total cost of the whole mod? with everything including ggaskets and what i had listed b4. i noticed one set on weisco website the cylinder dosent need to be boredn any reason why that is? i heard if i get it rebored it needs to be replated or somthin like that? what would be your final ccost?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
the 660 cylinder is not nikasil plated it has an iron sleeve instead which is bored and honed in the conventional way. The piston that doesn't require a bore is the stock size replacement piston (100mm), they still require a hone to do it right.
You don't need to send that to me to get done, any good machine shop in your local area can bore and hone your cylinder to fit the new piston. Just make sure you take the piston with the cylinder to be bored so the machine shop can fit it perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts