Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my first post here.. I just picked up a 2007 Raptor 700R and have a polished HMF slip-on, Dobeck, and Pro-Design with K&N/outerwear with no lid. I'm going to be making lots of trips to Little Sahara, OK with her. I've never owned a set of paddle tires in the past so I'm not sure what kind would suit my riding. I'm going to leave the stock gearing alone. I'd like something for moderate hill climbs, but mostly just ripping around the dunes with my buddies (LTR-450 and Z400s and some Banshees). I'm not too concerned about drag racing... I'm sure it will happen but that's not my priority. My priority is just simply making the best of my time in the sand with a good all around paddle.... not something solely dedicated to straight line traction or hill climbing.

Thanks in advance, and this is an awesome forum.

Tyler in Kansas.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sand Stars on ITP rims. They are fairly priced and worth every dollar for what you want. Now you can also try the Skat Trak "Edge". :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the itp sandstars and they do great at Little sahara :thumbsup: highly recommended

·
Registered
494 Posts
For your type of riding, id suggest a V shaped paddle vs. a straight cut paddle. 7-8 paddles should work for ya.

Im a competitive rider, so I run Skat Trak Hauler 8 paddles. I run 20-10-10. I feel this size offers the best handling without comprimising ground clearance like an 18" tire would.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sand stars (20x11x10) are a grear all around sand tire the hook up well and trun good. I run the .190 wheels they are strong and light. Sand stars are a little more than some but they hold up very well. You can not go wrong with the edges either, they dont seen to last as long because they are not moulded they are glued on.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If interested I have a full set of Sand Stars for sale. They are not on rims though. Front are 22x7x10 and the Rear are 22x11x10. They are a very good paddle tire, I am just going a different direction.

Jay

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the Skat track edge...light set up and with the v shape edge it makes for easier turning in loose sand/dune terrain...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks for all the input, guys. Looks like I'll go with a v-shaped paddle... I'll take a closer look at some of the recommendations. Thanks again.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I run the padla brats on mine they weigh nothing and are holding up in strength. they are VERY thin but make a differance in the sand :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Freind of mine run the sand gear paddels, he seem to like them. Not the best paddel for drag racing but not bad for touring the dunes. 8)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I still like my Skat Trak Extremes over my Sand Stars for all around duning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run 8 paddle Skat Trak edges... love em... even have douglas blue lables.. they will bend if you jump in the hard pack though! But if you land hard enough to bend a rim... most likely you'll break something else too!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I know everybody says straight paddles for drags and v style for dunning, but how much harder are the straight paddles to turn compared to the v style. Is it a huge difference or not much, will they bite too much wanting to throw you on turns?

Along those lines how much faster are straight paddles compared to V's in straight acceleration? A huge difference or not much??

Cannot decide between the skat trak Haulers or the skat trak Edge :3question:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
My personal experiance is that the V paddles are heavier and will make a big difference up a large dune. I have never had a problem turning my bikes V or straight, not sure what ppl are talking about there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts