Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no idea what brand this thing is, or who made it.....but i got it back when "coal shed racing" was still porting heads. all i need is the rubber boots because mine is cracked on one side. i do not want the billet part because mine is ported to match the head porting. any idea where i can get one....??

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Looks pretty similar to my Trinity Intake Manifold, I don't know for sure but I doubt Mike was making his own. Kenz has one too, could be from either of them.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks pretty similar to my Trinity Intake Manifold, I don't know for sure but I doubt Mike was making his own. Kenz has one too, could be from either of them.
i will try contacting kenz. i found some more pics of it...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will have to take tear into it and get those boots off. everything is still assembled. but i do remember those boots being a royal PITA when trying to push the carbs into them. i can definately make out that it has a 36-200 on the end. i wonder if these boots are for the 36-38mm carbs like in the DK link you sent....? i never thought of this until i read your comment, and i got a reply from kenz today too. he asked me if i had the 35 or 39s so apparently they use two different part numbers. maybe these are going bad because i have them streched out too much.

i hope i can get them through DK.....kenz wants $38 FOR EACH ONE! excuse me while i go throw up.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I dont know if you have them streatched out to much. The biggest thing that cuts them like that is over tighting while fuel has spilled on them. The fuel softens the boots and then the clamp cuts in to the rubber.

I believe my 35mm FCR's have the same OD spiggots as teh 39mm high flow (ones use for a trinity intake) spiggots. They just have a thicker wall because the inside is still 35mm.

I have a billit intake on my banshee and it uses the IVM34-200-1's. I just keep a set of boots on hand as spairs. That way if I do get a torn one I can just replace it. The mikuni carb flanges are just a thinner material than the stock raptor carb boots so they are not as tough.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i see on dennis kirk they give all the dimensions. ill have to tear into the ol beater one of these evenings and get some measurements off my torn boots. thanks for the tip there. if they are indeed the same, which im sure they are due to the part number being right on mine, it will definitely save me some cash. i like supporting the good ol guys like kenz.....but $15 vs $38 is quite the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts