Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE with a Gytr full exaust and a k&n filter.Problem is I dont think it has a fuel controller so I dont no if I should stay away from it.Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pipes like the GYTR and LEXX dont Have to have a new mapper. The stock system will adjust to minor airflow changes with those pipes. (otherwise you could not ride at 10,000 feet and - 200 feet and not change your mapping on a stock quad) At least that is what they told me...I have had a LEXX pipe for two years with no air box lid and have had no issues. I check my plug every few rides and its always nice and brown.
You wont get as much horsepower but honestly who fricking rides wide open? I have gotten into fith gear wide open maybe 5 times racing this year and not once did I think "Wow I really wish I could go faster down this whooped out dirt road"....Unless it is gonna be a dune racer I would say your fine...Thats my 2 cents..I think every penny you want to put into your quad should be suspension...Like Wiigs Style Racing....Look for there banner on this site!

Hows that for a plug Josh?...nice...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so now I would like to pick up a fuel controller but have never messed with one,what one would you suggest that is easy to learn.Are all GYTR pipes really load?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts