Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently got my son into racing mini quad hare scramble series on the east coast. I had a used quad to start with but just bought him a brand new Raptor 90 like two weeks ago. I need any suggestions for modification to the bike or any helpful hints on places to get parts. As of right now I have just added back wheel spacers (2 1/2"), so needless to say I need some help as to what to do next. He definitely needs more torch cause the other riders pull away after a turn and his bike takes a while to get back up to full speed.

Also while just searching the internet I noticed that it seems all parts for Raptor 90 are from 09-12.... why is that and is there a big difference in the bikes? Any and all information would be helpful and I attached a picture of the bike as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
My son also has a 2017, I would also enjoy hearing some proven power mods to these. Bump

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Remove the airbox lid first and foremost. Then change the exhaust, Big Gun makes a good exhaust as does HMF. Don't do the slip on exhausts get the full system exhaust. Finally get a jet kit for the carb to compensate for increased air flow so you can get more fuel to the engine without running too lean. Essentially a mini 3 mod for the bike. Engines need airflow to perform, increasing it on both ends should help your kids bike get more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
That helped a lot but I still needed to remove this rev limiter. I have order 3 different CDI boxes at this point and none work on the 2017. Is there a way to remove it without the CDI box? Like something in the wiring?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also looking for higher rpm on my sons 2017 raptor.
Does anyone know if it is a ac or dc cdi on it?

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts