Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some info im brand new to this site i always did my own service.

my atv was broke down for a while so i just had a carb clean and valves adjusted

and now it runs good but way to lean, and at hi rpms it it gets fuel cut.

i looked up on the 101 carb jeting but i still neep help

my mods are k&n with the spacer and graydon exhaust they sent me

some jetings with it i never installed .her are the pics

of the jeting. so if i install the jetings will that do the trick

thanks im new to this site so dont bash me

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
They graydon is very similar to the CT, which suggests 170/175 mains as a starting point for sea level with a no-lid aftermarket intake setup.

The jets in that picture are main jets. You'll probably want something around 160/165 if you're not too high off the ground and have mild temps. For cold temps this time of year or at 0' above sea level you might want another main size above that, 165 main jet in the left carb, 170 main jet in the right carb.

If you're using the original OEM needles you'll want to slide the needle up by moving the clip down one notch to the 2nd from the bottom. If Graydon sent you needles, use theirs at the middle clip.

You'll likely want new pilot jets as well, a size 25 in both carbs. These are availible for a reasonable price (just a few bucks each) from your local atv dealership's part department.

Welcome to the site, and I hope we can help you get your bike running as it should. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
just out of curiosity, how did this get stickied and why?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DECEPTiON21 said:
i didnt try to get it stickied, this forum set up differnt to the other forums i go on

my bad

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maddog56 said:
They graydon is very similar to the CT, which suggests 170/175 mains as a starting point for sea level with a no-lid aftermarket intake setup.

The jets in that picture are main jets. You'll probably want something around 160/165 if you're not too high off the ground and have mild temps. For cold temps this time of year or at 0' above sea level you might want another main size above that, 165 main jet in the left carb, 170 main jet in the right carb.

If you're using the original OEM needles you'll want to slide the needle up by moving the clip down one notch to the 2nd from the bottom. If Graydon sent you needles, use theirs at the middle clip.

You'll likely want new pilot jets as well, a size 25 in both carbs. These are availible for a reasonable price (just a few bucks each) from your local atv dealership's part department.

Welcome to the site, and I hope we can help you get your bike running as it should. :thumbsup:
thanks for your info, well i got the jets in and they are 170/175 only thing is i thought
there both the same so i hope i got them in the right carb

so its runin good now still a little lean at red line so witch way do i turn the mixtur screw to
make run richer do i have to take off the carbs to adjust

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
fast rap said:
DECEPTiON21 said:
i didnt try to get it stickied, this forum set up differnt to the other forums i go on

my bad
Actually it's my bad. I removed this thread from a stickied topic and made it it's own thread. What I didn't realize is that if you use a post from a sticky thread to create a new thread it stays stickied.

So I'll fix it. Thanks for pointing that out Deception21.

As for the carbs, no you don't have to remove them to adjust the fuel screws but it's a lot easier. Try a small flathead screwdriver, but you may be frustrated with it as many are and just end up taking them off; especially if you've already got the plastics off. Turning the mix screws out (left when looking at them) richens the mixture, turning them in (right) will lean it out.

It's possible a little tweak will even you out, but if it doesn't you may want to consider upping your mains. 170/175 is pretty rich for just a pipe though. Just so you know, your bike won't hit its redline. Stock bikes top out somewhere in the mid to upper 7k rpm range. The limiter supposedly doesn't kick in until close to 9k so you've got some room. Honestly you shouldn't be hitting the limiter under load, and if you are it should only be in first gear and it's still unlikely.

Is it backfiring on decel or stuttering on the way up? Just wondered what kind of symptoms you've still got.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
didn't mean to call you out, just curios... thought i was missing something about the post or something like that.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
didn't mean to call you out, just curios... thought i was missing something about the post or something like that.
No offense or anything, I just didn't realize it was stickied. Thanks for pointing it out, wouldn't want to confuse someone looking for answers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts