Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, already know about the brake lever issue, but there seems to be another. When I slide the clutch lever mech over to put the Powermadd universal atv mount kit on, the bottom part of the gaurds support arm is to thick and I can't get it close to the switch assembly without bending the crap out of the wires coming out. Don't really want to do that. How did you guys get around that? This is the kit I used.

http://www.powermadd.com/products/starseriesmountkit.html

My mount kit is from powermadd, but it's slightly different, the clamps are a bit more beefy. But the clamps aren't the problem, it's the main arm part that goes around the bottom of the bar. UGH! universal my a$$ The throttle side is fine, no obstructions, just the clutch side.

MK

·
Registered
767 Posts
Flip the brackets, have the main body of the bracket on top of the bar and the clamp portion below. I just installed mine last night. ;)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just ran out and snapped some pics. I'm still not sure I like them, I think they look goofy. :confused:
You can also see my quickie park brake mod.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are the man Diddly. Thanks so much again. I put the brackets on once upside down as well, just to see how it would go. You end up with one upside down on the clutch side and the other rightside up, it kind of looks odd. Or am I wrong on that? Since you have to flip the left and right bracket in order to mount them upside down? Say, what happened to the end of your clutch lever? I might give Powermadd a call tomorrow and ask them if they have different brackets for our bike. My snowmobile had Acerbis hand gaurds and they had a monsterous plastic mounting arm. BTW, I think the guards look great on your bike. They really help alot in the cold weather, as I'm sure you know.

Hoping to get my last mod delivered this week. The frame skid plate was on backorder.

MK

·
Registered
767 Posts
I cut the end off because it's the first thing to hit the ground when you roll her over on it's side and they bend stupid easy, I think I'm going to try the YFZ levers. I have both brackets on the top just like that. Just load that thing on a truck tommorow and ship her out here and I'll put it together for you. ;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, bit of a drive.... 8)

I'm just too much of a perfectionist. For me half the fun is thinking of better ways to do something. I'll even head into the shop at my work and fire up the milling machines to machine parts if I need to. The GYTR parts are certainly well engineered though, don't have to reinvent them.

·
Registered
767 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.