Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I live in northern N.H. and am looking to get myself a raptor 700 within the next couple of weeks. I don't have much $$$ so I am looking for a good deal. The best deal I have found so far is an 06 blue for $6k and a 06 Yel/black for $6.5k. I was wondering if that was good or should I keep looking? Also is there any differance in the 06 700r and the 07r? Also I found this forum about two weeks ago and reading every ones posts is what convinced me on the raptor 700.
Thanks Joe

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you work hard enough with the dealer you should be able to get the Blue out the door for just under 6K and the SE for a touch above 6K That would be an OK deal. I'd work'm though... what's the worse they'll say.. NO???

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
pile0g00 said:
07' GYTR and SE have upgraded front suspension. All 07' have drilled rotors.
The 07's also have a new master cylinder and an adjustable front brake lever.

All in all, the standard isn't different enough to matter. If you can get the 06 cheaper, I say go for it. But if you can get the SE with new shocks for a similar price, that'd be a nice upgrade from the 06 SE with just color differences.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Machy said:
where do you live, I bought mine new for a little over 5 g's
Must be nice, the absolute lowest price I have seen in my area, and this was froma guy who was buying like 4 quads so they cut him an even better deal was $6100 OTD and I was amazed at that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got my 07 GYT-R for 6800.00 OTD you can find deals you have to pick up the phone and make alot of calls. Granted i purchased mine out of state so there was no tax but it was only a 2 hour drive and well worth it. Not to mention nobody had a GYT-R in my area. I would not pay 6.5k for an 06 when you can get an 07 for that.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My '06 SE was $6060 last August...OTD it was $7300 because of sales tax and the freight & setup. That's the best I could do and did negotiate with two local dealers for the best price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I paid 5750 otd for mine. 8)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just picked up an 06 Raptor, for 5850, OTD...actually it would have been 5750 If I would have wanted to drive 4 hours round trip. This deal can be had in Central Illiniois. If you are interested in more details, just ask.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
My '06 SE was $6060 last August...OTD it was $7300 because of sales tax and the freight & setup. That's the best I could do and did negotiate with two local dealers for the best price.
Chris, can you believe some of the prices these guys are quoteing? When I bought mine last summer, the best price I could find OTD was $8200, and you know what kind of wheeler and dealer I can be! I have never seen a cheaper price than you got up here in Wa State! I am just glad I bought mine over the internet! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
roc64 said:
ChiknNutz said:
Chris, can you believe some of the prices these guys are quoteing? When I bought mine last summer, the best price I could find OTD was $8200, and you know what kind of wheeler and dealer I can be! I have never seen a cheaper price than you got up here in Wa State! I am just glad I bought mine over the internet! :thumbsup:
I know it bud! Crazy, huh?!

Hey, got my Nerfs on finally...glad that's done. Now for some REAL mods...(the Big 3 ya know)!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
roc64 said:
ChiknNutz said:
I know it bud! Crazy, huh?!

Hey, got my Nerfs on finally...glad that's done. Now for some REAL mods...(the Big 3 ya know)!!!
Good job! Hope I was able to help. It sounds like you had it pretty well dialed in when you called me!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
any of you guys that live in the md-south and dont mind traveling, Corinth MS has a large dealership that has the best buisness and best deals of anyone in the south......where my dad bought rhino, rubicon, and raptor, soon to buy a rincon

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got my 06SE for$5999 in nov. but no tax due to out of state purchase.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
Thats good for you, but if you were to do that in Washington State they would tax you on the bike when you went to License it. And if you said you bought it really cheap they would still tax you on average sale price of Raptors sold in the state. Hey Machy, whats the deal with buying ATV that are all names starting with the letter R. Its like some people do with their children?

·
Registered
584 Posts
roc64 said:
Blownhotrodder said:
Thats good for you, but if you were to do that in Washington State they would tax you on the bike when you went to License it. And if you said you bought it really cheap they would still tax you on average sale price of Raptors sold in the state. Hey Machy, whats the deal with buying ATV that are all names starting with the letter R. Its like some people do with their children?
Im fully aware of that, I can tell you guys that live in states that have to register and cant go this route are alittle unhappy about that :lol:. Just stating what I paid so he can guage what prices would be after he added tax. :confused:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I bought my 07 the day after Thanksgiving for $6150 OTD. No Taxes... Out of state. Someone will sell it to you cheap. Just put two or three dealers against one another and they fold like a house of cards! :lol: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts