Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure guys but i am probly getting a carbonfiber GYTR slip on pipe for the raptor from a friend its from 2002 and i ordered a quite core end cap for it but this is the thing the end cap is said to be for an oval pipe but this pipe dont look to be oval but if you think about it why would they make a round and an oval or go from oval to the round pipe im looking for info on if this enp cap woudl fit the pipe from 2002

this is the end cap

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/46/370/1975/all/1/3644/0/detail.aspx

and the pipe is this but its older

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/46/370/1975/all/1/1494/0/detail.aspx

im not sure if its the same shape so im hoping someone can tell me for sure 110% yes they are the same pipe or no they changed from round to oval in whatever year they may have done it

thanks AJ

·
Registered
137 Posts
first of all the quiet core is gonna kill the power you get from the pipe anyway and if you bought the gytr exhaust and quiet core from gytr it will fit but it is pointless :confused:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honda_KiLlEr660R said:
first of all the quiet core is gonna kill the power you get from the pipe anyway and if you bought the gytr exhaust and quiet core from gytr it will fit but it is pointless :confused:
im only buying the endcap the guy that has the pipe is gogin to give it to me with the jetkit ill still gain with a better looking and lighter pipe and a bit more power it my not be much but it will help with my port and polish and bore job

liek i said my worry is the pipe round liek this "O" and the endcap is more liek this by the looks of the pic "0"

·
Registered
137 Posts
looking at the pictures it will work just fine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have the same pipe and they stoped selling the round one in 2002 .they only have gytr end caps for the oval pipes. not for the 4inch round pipe.good luck on finding one for a round can. the pipe sounds awsome,you get a good power boost but is pretty loud.maybe you can get a end cap off of another type of muffler that would fit.let me know what you find out because i stoped looking .i would like to get the end cap as well.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brian said:
i have the same pipe and they stoped selling the round one in 2002 .they only have gytr end caps for the oval pipes. not for the 4inch round pipe.good luck on finding one for a round can. the pipe sounds awsome,you get a good power boost but is pretty loud.maybe you can get a end cap off of another type of muffler that would fit.let me know what you find out because i stoped looking .i would like to get the end cap as well.
thanks thats the answer i was looking for we got one of the best machinest around ill talk to him and see if he can do something to make it fit llike an adapter or something :thumbsup: dad is really good with this stuff too so he may even come up with something and if i can make tyhis work ill be sure to post pics and tell you all how its done
thanks brian for the info its nice to have before i get the parts so i can start a plan as to making this work im gogin to need alot of luck with this and if it dont work well youll see a gytr carbon fiber pipe for sale so i can get a quite pipe :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
dont even use the cover! sounds better without it! i know mine does..

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O5raptor660r said:
dont even use the cover! sounds better without it! i know mine does..
yeah only problem is tho we have alot of old people here that dont liek the noice and i have a track in my yard about 50ft from homes they were nice enough to ot mind me racing in my yard all weekend so i wanan try and keep it quiet as best i can cause they are nice people 8)

well other then the one arse up the road id liek to jam the pipe right in his ear and crack it wide open a few times :mad:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I now your problem with old people!

I don’t think it will work. I have a DMC Alien (loud) I made a quit core insert throw trial and error. I can tell the power difference.

Then found one on there web site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts