Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this has been asked before and went over but i couldnt find anything.....so ill be looking at raptors and i have one im pretty sure about buying but i was wondering what to look for when buying a used raptor....its a 2005 janssen long travel arms and swingarm with full elka shocks and long travel link in the rear....full yosh pipe and dominator axle....what should i watch out for???

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Look for frame cracks near the subframe mounts, on the subframe itself, and at the front shock mounts. Probably a good idea to look all of it over closely since owners who buy long travel are more likely to have raced the bike.

Make sure the one-way works well and the bike starts right up. Always a good idea to get a compression test on any new bike as well.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the dude is a racer but not quads and the quad has been jumped pretty high i think....the rear caliper hit the custom airbox once but he said because the rear shock wasnt adjusted they just put it on and went out....are raptors not good for jumping??

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
if you know how to set them up, I have a set-up similar (+3arms, ect,..ect) that, a little bit more than that, but you should be able to sky, I easily fly with the yfz.s and trxs. Like Md said look for stress cracks, espeically check the supension linkage over. Elkas need rebuilt on occasion (recommended once a riding season) Check to see the last time they were maintanenced. Tkae it for a good long, hard ride as well. Check for over heating, and make sure the trans is shifting good. Check the carrier bearing in the rear of rthe axle...especially check the swing-arm bearings. asee if there has been any evidence of the bike being wrecked as well. Make sure the rotor in the rear isn't warped either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts