Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the raptor back together and should be on the dyno saturday. Curious on what the ballpark hp numbers. We have decided to go with e-85 fuel.

Mods:
12.5 : 1 JE piston
HC3
Cleaned the head of flaws and smooth the ports
+2 TB
Big intake, 6' filter opening
Barker duals
PC3

just curious what I might expect to see with this setup. E-85 is a new thing for me but the guy who is tuning it said he has seen good results with it. We shall see. Also tuning the Ltr 450 on e-85 as well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dyno day didn't happen. He's having technical problems with the air/fuel sensor. Hopefully next Sunday depending on if dynojet can figure out the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you already have the big 3 I;d vote for a cam and if you can swing it a little head work. The exhaust can get more air out and the intake can get more in...motor needs to be able to move it thru. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not wanting to get into arguments on e-85. But the 450 is running a 14:1 piston so I just want to use one fuel. E-85 is 105 octane and is oxygenated by nature. I'm just gonna try this. The guy who has the dyno has seen 3hp more over VP fuel. Here where I live I can get it down the road. If it doesn't work then we will go with vp. Trial and error.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would guess 60hp. The dyno we use reads low though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
60 is the number I'm shooting for. But I'm trying to be realistic. This is a new dyno so we don't know if it's generous or not.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dyno is fixed and scheduled for Sunday. We will how the results turn out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dyno gave some good results. The only bad was I found out the added HP plays havoc on my stock clutch. It pulled a 64.82 HP and 51.29 on torque. My curve is wavy showing my clutch issue. What do you guys recommend for a clutch? My friends raptor pulled 59 HP and 48 torque with a 11:1 piston and single exhaust. I will post the sheet later when I get a chance.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
That's great E85 with the right tune is usually killer, as far as clutch goes it depends on how much $ you want to spend and if you plan on doing any other engine mods. IMO if you have the $ go Direct Drive Lockup then you'll never have to worry about clutch problems ever again!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the wife says no more. So I guess I'm done modding the engine. Was thinking about just replacing the frictions if the steels look good and add the extra plate with hd springs. Better tear it down first.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Well the wife says no more. So I guess I'm done modding the engine. Was thinking about just replacing the frictions if the steels look good and add the extra plate with hd springs. Better tear it down first.
Yeah with your build if you do the clutch mod (eliminate the 1/2 fiber,bevel spring and wire retainer. replace with full fiber) with a good set of steels and fibers and heavy springs you'll be fine. You could even get away with 3 and 3, that's 3 stock springs and 3 heavy so the lever doesn't get to stiff or I could build ya one of my extended clutch arms.:D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, thanks for the info. When i get it done and the lever is too much for the wife i will hit you up on the clutch arm. I wouldn't think it would be as stiff as my banshee was with full hinson set up. That sucker pulled hard with a different perch and arm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts