Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just finished the first stage of a race and when i got to the finish line - the iverheating bulb came on. And the collant reservoir went from min to max. When i left the starting line it was at min level. Any ideas? I have literally no time to fix it, and the fan did not come on.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Sounds like it could be a head gasket. Check for coolant in the oil. And do a leak down test. It may be something as simple as a thermostat or bad fan also.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Did you actually check the radiator or just look at the expansion tank? It could have been low and boiled coolant out into the expansion tank. If it's low the fan won't come on, the fan temp switch measures coolant temp not air temp.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi!

stage two went to hellllll, although no overheating, fl. woods was right, although the radiator was full, i just topped off the reservoir while cold and fan came on normally when hot. raced for 200 miles, thorugh the worst weather ever, i didnt get to the finish line, i got lost so many times it wasnt funny, i was at mile 143 of the 200 and my gps showd i had already been lost for 60 miles, at the end i couldnt even talk, i was at 11520 feet above sea level, -2 celsius deegres and raining, my hands and jaw froze, i ran out of gas 2 miles beafore the last gas stop, when i got there i just called somebody to come get me with the trailer, finish line was already closed anyway and i got so lost i skipped a few waypoints so i was going to get disqualified, but i did want to finish. after 260 miles of racing all i can say is that the raptor rocksssss, its just a little narrow and suspoension sucks, but it didnt let me down for nothing i even dragged the clutch for about 180 miles, cable is all out, need replacement but clutch didnt go, have to check it this week.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
A way you can check if you have a blown head gasket is to take off your raditaor cap and as youre unsealing the cap listen for a burst of air coming out of the radiator. If there is air then your gasket is blown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts