Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market of buying a piston and cam. So many to choose from. Please check out my mods. I have a stock swing arm mostly ride dunes. I do a lot of racing and dune riding, a little trail riding not much. I was thinking of a CP 11:1 piston and stage 3 hot cam what do you guys think.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I don't have much experience in sand, but in a dirt environment I favored the stage II over the stage III with the CP 11:1 piston. For $375 you'll at least show a 4-6HP gain with the modifications you have in mind which roughly equals out 62-93.00 dollars per one horsepower.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i went through the same thing but i ride mostly trails so i went back and fourth between the hc2 and the hc3 so i called steve i think it is at tqsatv and he recommended the hc2 for trail riding and said normally he recommended the hc3 for dune riding.

so imo i think you would like the 11:1/hc3 combo but i think the 11:5:1 tech piston is about the same price so you might want to go that way also

i forgot to also say that the hotcams are nice because there drop in cams uses stock springs,rockers and valves

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
i went through the same thing but i ride mostly trails so i went back and fourth between the hc2 and the hc3 so i called steve i think it is at tqsatv and he recommended the hc2 for trail riding and said normally he recommended the hc3 for dune riding.

so imo i think you would like the 11:1/hc3 combo but i think the 11:5:1 tech piston is about the same price so you might want to go that way also

i forgot to also say that the hotcams are nice because there drop in cams uses stock springs,rockers and valves
+1 on the 11.5:1 piston with hc3

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Seo Page One provides outstanding personal service and exceptional results on a reasonable budget. We work

hand and hand with you to help build your business, and increase its' bottom line. We will make sure you have

the stellar reputation you deserve.
:liar:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You'll be more than happy with an 11:1 piston and Hc3. When I had my 700R, I had big 3, 11:1 JE and a Hc2. Keep in mind, I was a woods/trail and MX rider. Hc3 would work better for your application IMO.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Seo Page One provides outstanding personal service and exceptional results on a reasonable budget. We work

hand and hand with you to help build your business, and increase its' bottom line. We will make sure you have

the stellar reputation you deserve.
And this has what to do with this thread! We need a mod... I ran the HC3 in my 770 and loved it, it's a great cam..

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I would recommend the megacycle X4 with a 12:1 piston. For dune riding it will only help. And the X4 has potetial to make a lot of horsepower down the road too. Not to mention it is very easy on the valves and springs. I have had both the HCII and the X4 so in this case I can speak from experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts