Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bro's and Bra's LOL!

Im wondering if its a good idea for me to do my speed sensor removal mod next week and ride it without the air box lid. Will that add a little kick to it or will i have to add beans and a lighter to get more kick out of it LOL. My Rappy is still bone stock. Ya i know blah blah blah money is tight right now so is this a good idea or a bad idea! And also would talking out the spark arrester be too much or not i cant remember if i can do both or just one, lid and sparky or just the lid.

Thanx for your help as always...:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
When mine was stock still I took out the sparky and it ran fine. But when I tried to take off the lid and sparky it ran very lean. I would say just remove the sparky and you will be fine. When you do just remember to keep checking your plug. Every bike is different

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see so its one or the other not both. Tought so! so ill take the lid off its just easier unless the sparky gives me a little more kick thats what i dont know and ill check the plug good idea thanx bro.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i am pretty sure removing your airbox lid will lean you out, even if you don't remove the spark arrest. i could be wrong though. i run my airbox lid on because, even though it was supposedly rejetted, it runs a bit on the lean side without it, and i don't have jets for it.

*kicks himself for not adding jets to his rmatv order*

·
Registered
131 Posts
oops shit. sorry i didn't see this was the 700 section.. was thinking 660.. nevermind the high guy..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes one or the otherm I would take the sparky out. I don't think you will notice much differance with the lid off assuming you still have the stock filter on it. You can feel a little differance with the sparky out and its sounds a little louder too lol

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great info thanx everyone! Got all the answers i wanted.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its 5 foot 9. Im pretty tall ROFL...

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL he wasent asking this to me i think LOL im fuel injected so it shouldent matter. And the province like a state in the us is québec but my town is gracefield

·
Registered
21 Posts
My stock 700 would pull harder than my brother in laws up the drag hills at glamis. He put a pipe on it as soon as he bought it. My 700 was bone stock, both of us had paddles and we even swapped paddles, same results. I don't think there is much of a change on either one if you don't add fuel. I think they are a little lean from the factory and uncorking the exhaust or intake without adding fuel just makes them run hotter not faster. If you un cork the exhaust it will sound faster but that doesn't matter IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts