Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys

Just bought a nice stock 660. Problem is that its too loud and I need to quiet it down so I can use it on the trails around my house.

It has the stock pipes but I dont think there is an "plug" in it anymore. Can I find a good aftermarket "quiet plug" or a not too expensive silencer?

THANKS

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the site... :cool:

I have no idea what the plug your talking about is but see if one of these will work...

http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/products/exhaust/dB_Dawg.html

You may try repacking the stock muffler or put a FMF Q4 muffler on they are said to be in the 94 db range if one is available for your quad...The FMF powerbomb header is also suppose to cut noise by 1.5 db again if one is available.....

good luck.. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
The "Plug" he's talking about is the baffle. I wouldn't run it for too long without it, I'm pretty sure the previous Owner didn't tenet when he took it out

·
Master of the Electron
15,411 Posts
Look at eBay - plenty of ppl selling their stock muffler cheap when they upgrade to aftermarket exhaust. They're about the quietest you can hope to find.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have the core you would need to put in there to quiet it down. Its in my old stock muffler $20 shipped to ya if you are in the us. LMK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts