Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just got a set of nerf bars from yamaha. the nerf bars look good but the instructions suck. i can't see the pics on them at all. does anyone have pics of the way they mount at the front? on top and bottom? i think the bolts go in from the bottom, then thru the frame plate, thru the bars, and then thru the supplied plate. is this right?

any help would be great. pics are a plus.

i couldn't find online instructions from yamaha.

thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
i just got a set of nerf bars from yamaha. the nerf bars look good but the instructions suck. i can't see the pics on them at all. does anyone have pics of the way they mount at the front? on top and bottom? i think the bolts go in from the bottom, then thru the frame plate, thru the bars, and then thru the supplied plate. is this right?

any help would be great. pics are a plus.

i couldn't find online instructions from yamaha.

thanks
If you got the nerfs without the heal guards, they will bolt on to the front of your foot pegs and there is usually a long bolt that comes with your kit. Take out the one that goes to your engine mount up front and stick that long one thru there that came with your kit.

If you got the ones with heal guards then you probably aren't using the stock pegs anymore. Take those off and and put the new adapters on first, then put your nerf bars on.

I'd just mock everything up and hand thread the bolts on there and make sure there isn't any extra nuts and bolts laying around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ones from yamaha for a 125/250 don't go thru the engine mount. they go on top of the bracket between the frame rails. the instructions have things in the wrong order i think and they are to blurry to see the pics.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm not for sure what you are talking about then. Maybe you can search for another brand name of nerfs and find the instructions for those.

·
Registered
238 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts