Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 07 Raptor 700 se and I am getting ready to put Nerbars on it I wanted Black ones and I found that IMS GP series comes in black and I was wanting to Know if IMS is a good brand.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I havent heard anything about there being a "bad" brand of nerf bars. Except for my cousins AC's. They bent on him or something i dont remember but who knows that couldve been just a bad set or because they were kind of old. If your gonna get nerfs i would suggest getting some that come with heel gaurds so you can get rid of the ugly plastic ones and have more durability to your equipment. But if you dont want to give up the extra $ for them then just the nerfs will do fine. I say go ahead and get em. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I bought the GYTR factory ones and they are very nicely made. Quality welds and nice thick webbing. Only issue I had was installing the right side bar. When I slipped the front end into the end of the left bar (slip joint) and then tried to line it up on the pegs, it was a little off. I'm 100% certain though it's only because the pipe frame of the nerf bar probably bends from all of the heat from the welding. I just pulled on it a bit and put it in place. Looks fantastic.

MK

·
Registered
429 Posts
I use the PRO-ARMOR with the heel guards, I wanted to stay with the stock foot pegs. I didn't like the sharper foot pegs, they seem to tear my mx boots apart and also stick too good to your feet when you want to slide around. You actually have to lift your foot instead of sliding again just my "opinion".

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the pro armor race pegs nerfs and just love them. So can push or lean into a corner and not have to worry about your feet slipping off. This is only my opinion since i ride with my skate shoes.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I GOT AC BLACKLINE and they were missing all kind of hardware and the directions sukked, they didnt drill some holes they should have and overall the directions and ease of install were piss poor, but they work good now that i got em on the bike :mad: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
HappyHour said:
Man dont let boom see this topic! LMAO
I have AC racing blacklines and love them!

:lol: :lol: :lol:......It was just my opinion. I see what I see, and have experienced what I have experienced...thats all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.