Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished installing my proflow air filter. and took it for a spin. i looked down and my neutral light was on and i was in gear and moving. it was not doing this before i installed the filter. could i have disconnected something removing or replacing the rear fender. i took out the battery,disconnected the cdi and fuses (just moved the whole thing). put everything back in the reverse order. did i miss something or do i have another problem.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Check neutral plug-in on transmission if it idles bad, you might of pulled it off, or check all plugs on cdi and fuses. You must of pulled something out when removing fender :3question:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the plug is the other one where the reverse sensor is right? also i was thinking the same thing about the cdi. it was kind of just flopping around when i was trying to remove and put back on the fender.

thanks

also just to add. i can't start it with it in gear still have to pull in the clutch. everything appears to be fine except the light.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Check neutral plug and try re-crimping the wire on it, not sure if neutral makes it idle bad? but if that doesnt work check all cdi plugs and plugs behind where front and rear fender connect on left side.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cleaned the neutral sensor down by the drive sprocket and checked all connections. it is back to working now.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts