Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason i cant start my quad in gear. its an 06' 700r. can anyone tell me how to by-pass this. its killing me in the trails. also does anyone have a my space page. if so check ours out. its thc off-road.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well wait, If you start ingear it will just chug and clunk and try to takeoff, Just hold the clutch in and let it out, If thats what you mean, i wouldnt want to bypass that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok lets get real. i know how to ride. not to be a dick. i do pull the clutch in and it still wont start. every other quad i had or rode would start in gear, with the clutch in. i would like to know how to eliminate or adjust the neutral safty switch? :help:

·
Registered
106 Posts
That is strange, I am pretty sure mine starts fine when in gear. :3question:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine starts when in gear as well, but reading the manual on my bike (an '07) they sure seem to be pretty proud of the fact that you can start it in gear with the clutch in. Is it possible that the earlier models won't allow you to do this and updating to a setup like on the '07's will work? Just an idea....

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I just got an 06. When I get home tonight i'll try starting it in gear (with the clutch pulled) :grin_nod: and see if it starts up. :eek:

·
Registered
575 Posts
mines a late 06 maybe that has something to do with it...but it starts no problem when in gear..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
There is a plug on the clutch purch, make sure its plugged in and looks ok. You didnt replace the perch or anything have you?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Mines an Early 06' .... its starts fine in gear with the clutch pulled in...

Plattner

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Teraflx said:
There is a plug on the clutch purch, make sure its plugged in and looks ok. You didnt replace the perch or anything have you?
thank you teraflx. you are probably the only one who answerd my question. no i have'nt replaced the perch. i giess i have to pull it apart to see whats going on. and if anyone else reads this NO i have'nt rolled my quad or crashed it yet!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
burrburner700r said:
thank you teraflx. you are probably the only one who answerd my question. no i have'nt replaced the perch. i giess i have to pull it apart to see whats going on. and if anyone else reads this NO i have'nt rolled my quad or crashed it yet!
If it looks ok at the perch follow the wire back to where it leads in the engine and make sure that connection looks ok too.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I tested mine and it starts in gear or neutral or when the clutch is pulled in... :3question:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Teraflx said:
burrburner700r said:
If it looks ok at the perch follow the wire back to where it leads in the engine and make sure that connection looks ok too.
have you heard or do you know if i can by pass or eliminate that switch? i have to wait untill the weekend to mess with it. that pesky work family kids thing realy gets in the way.lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
From what I remember the guys that have gone with the ASV perches have had to do this. Pretty sure they just cut the two wires and join them together.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts