Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
live in PA, bought new, got plate with temporary reg sticker which just expired(45 days)

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
This year has been a long one for all items like registration. I would chalk it up to the pandemic and ride it anyway, just keep the expired registration handy.

Took quite a while to receive our OHV in Colorado

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
+1
I paid for my new 700 when I bought it in September, and it took almost 9 weeks for the title to come in the mail.
I was going to call the dmv after a month, but forgot, and then I was then suprised when it eventually showed up, lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a copy of the application for registration and title(dealers app) you think the dealership would mail it to me when they receive or the state would mail it straight to me ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when you bought it you didn’t register it though right ? the dealership registered it? you just have to renew when it expires?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i have a copy of the application for registration and title(dealers app) you think the dealership would mail it to me when they receive or the state would mail it straight to me ?
As far as I know the dealer sends the dmv the paperwork, and the dmv sends you a title(unless you have a loan on it), and a registration if it's street legal.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
when you bought it you didn’t register it though right ? the dealership registered it? you just have to renew when it expires?
Yes, dealer did all the paperwork, and the dmv mailed me my title.
I'm in Va, so no registration as atv's are not street legal here.
I did buy the 700 in Pa though, and they told me that Va is one of a handful of states that Pa can do the paperwork and send to Va, and things work the same just as if I lived in Pa.
When I have bought bikes and cars in Va, it's the same too, dealer did paperwork, and title and or registration came in the mail.
I think the dmv's are just so far behind it's taking that much longer to get anything from them now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gotcha i really appreciate it, my biggest thing was “does the dealer only hook me up with 45 days? then i have to register it myself?” and it’s pretty messed up not even aloud to ride on the street but for some reason gotta pay $20 for 2 year registration such BS but i can’t even renew because i don’t have my registration number yet lol only reason i want the registration is because the pay to ride tracks in PA won’t let you on property without valid reg

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
DMV is definitely slow. I bought a new truck in early November, only financed the minimum to get the factory $ incentive, then paid off before thanksgiving. I got a letter from the leinholder less than a week after payment stating they released their interest, but just received title yesterday.

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
gotcha i really appreciate it, my biggest thing was “does the dealer only hook me up with 45 days? then i have to register it myself?” and it’s pretty messed up not even aloud to ride on the street but for some reason gotta pay $20 for 2 year registration such BS but i can’t even renew because i don’t have my registration number yet lol only reason i want the registration is because the pay to ride tracks in PA won’t let you on property without valid reg
Wait, you have to register a vehicle with the DMV that you cannot ride on public roads? That’s pretty lame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PA is ridiculous man😂 so i called DMV this morning lady said it takes 48 business days to receive registration in mail (excluding weekend and holidays) yet the temporary registration sticker is only valid 45 days ! i guarantee no police will mess with me in the state atv trails but the private trails you need valid reg so now i gotta wait till about end of january till i can ride on privately owned trails and tracks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts