Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done dyno tuning my 700 stock bore stock stroke build.

My porting
CP piston
Web cam
Kibble White springs
My super sized air box eliminator
LTE pipes
PCIII

It pulled 65.5hp and 54 ftlbs torque on Rocket Factorys dyno. And this was with the LTE map only no special tuning. So I think I might be able to get 1 more hp out of it with a good tune.

This kit is a true bolt on kit for the fast dune rider or recreational rider. I have these kits available starting today. Please call for pricing

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
1 877 GOT DYNO

·
Registered
517 Posts
Great job Mike!

I may hit you up before my next trip to Glamis. How trail friendly is the setup??

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
How much HP do you think i would lose if i left the pro design inplace???? I don't want to get rid of the airbox just yet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sparky are you getting these numbers with the stock valve size?

·
Registered
511 Posts
im going to guess stage 3 and yes on the oversize valves.
great #'s what altitude are you ate up at RF?

CApt

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
sparky yfz said:

My porting
CP piston
Web cam
Kibble White springs
LTE pipes
PCIII

It pulled 65.5hp and 54 ftlbs torque on Rocket Factorys dyno. And this was with the LTE map only no special tuning. So I think I might be able to get 1 more hp out of it with a good tune.

This kit is a true bolt on kit for the fast dune rider or recreational rider. I have these kits available starting today. Please call for pricing

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
1 877 GOT DYNO
Is this running on pump gas or race fuel?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awesome!

I'll be watching this one.

Wanting to get as much HP/Torque as possible but still remain reliable. Not wanting to change bore/stroke and I'd like something that can be done is my own shop. I like doing the work myself. Besides, I'm to anal about it being done right for me to allow anyone else to work on it! :lol:

Later,
Matt

·
Registered
187 Posts
hey sparky check your :thumbsup: PM's

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Sparky, do you have a web site yet? :crazy:

·
Registered
511 Posts
onelunglow said:
sparky yfz said:

My porting
CP piston
Web cam
Kibble White springs
LTE pipes
PCIII

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
1 877 GOT DYNO
Is this running on pump gas or race fuel?
depends on the piston compression.

Capt

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Just got the head back from Sand Demon Motor sports, was not too happy with packing, the head only had one layer of paper between it and the box. Packing needs to be better. The porting looks nice and the CP piston looks great, I will be running 12 to 1 with the web stage 3 cam and KB springs. I did not receive a receipt from them or any of the stickers that would normally arrive with a new cam or springs and my old springs were not sent back. I am sure if I had asked for this they would have been more than happy to do this for me. Shipping time was very fast, the head was only out a week from the time I sent it to the time I got it back so that is outstanding. I will add some Photos if someone tells me how. Over all the works looks good and the turnaround was great, Packing needs improvement along with some type of invoice or receipt of the work done and any warranty cards that came with the new parts. I will do a post in a week or 2 after I have it back up and running.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
ORdunner said:
Just got the head back from Sand Demon Motor sports, was not too happy with packing, the head only had one layer of paper between it and the box. Packing needs to be better. The porting looks nice and the CP piston looks great, I will be running 12 to 1 with the web stage 3 cam and KB springs. I did not receive a receipt from them or any of the stickers that would normally arrive with a new cam or springs and my old springs were not sent back. I am sure if I had asked for this they would have been more than happy to do this for me. Shipping time was very fast, the head was only out a week from the time I sent it to the time I got it back so that is outstanding. I will add some Photos if someone tells me how. Over all the works looks good and the turnaround was great, Packing needs improvement along with some type of invoice or receipt of the work done and any warranty cards that came with the new parts. I will do a post in a week or 2 after I have it back up and running.
Great Info!! you can post pics by going to http://www.tinypic.com/ and using the url from them to post on the forum. Can wait to see!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think a lot of us are interested in this. Just waiting to hear back from Sparky. Hopefully a website is coming soon. Prices would be great.

Craig,

·
Registered
511 Posts
ok sense he isnt pm'ing bak here is my guess on the build.

12.5:1 piston maybe 13:1
oversize valves
stage 3 cam

race fuel 100 octane not pump

next!!!

when can we see the dyno sheet? what rpm's was it at and for how long? post post post...

Capt

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im sorry I didnt get back to you guys yet but I had a crash on a quad today. I was doing a 5th gear wheelie and got a wobble at about 60-65mph and eat SHAT bad. I have some very bad road rash and some broken bones. I will try to post some pictures for you guy to :lol: at.

The build is a CP 12-1 piston, a 3 layer head gasket so the compression is about 11.75, The cam is a Web stage 3, the head is a ported big valve head + 1 mil, the air box eliminator kit, PC III, and LTE pipes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts