Raptor Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,250 Posts
I agree, pull the side covers and check for a loose one way, flywheel, stator, clutch, etc.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new myself to raptors but wanted to chime in as I had a similar engine noise scare. A few months back I rolled mine being dumb and noticed almost the same noise (hard to tell from videos) after I started her back up, after about 45min of looking i noticed a bolt came out of my chassis skid plate and was vibrating on the frame, re taped hole new bolt no more noise. Hope its same issue for you man, whole lot cheaper and easier to fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm new myself to raptors but wanted to chime in as I had a similar engine noise scare. A few months back I rolled mine being dumb and noticed almost the same noise (hard to tell from videos) after I started her back up, after about 45min of looking i noticed a bolt came out of my chassis skid plate and was vibrating on the frame, re taped hole new bolt no more noise. Hope its same issue for you man, whole lot cheaper and easier to fix.
You sir are a god, I'm glad you flipped - Just kidding.

I just remembered that I didn't put the two front bolts of the skid plate on after changing the oil. That's exactly what it was^. Thank you

Engine is fine, no knocking

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right on bro! Yea man I learned 2 things that day, check your tire pressures, and the skid plates need all the bolts or it could rattle and scare the crap out of u.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts