Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!! I am am the (soon) proud owner of a used 2005 Raptor. One problem, it wont run. It starts okay but any throttle input and it chokes and stalls. No mods done and very little hours usage. Any suggestions? I have let it get to 180 degrees and back off the choke...no help. I had to give the carbs a little tap to make it start.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounds to me like your gas is off..... :eek: If not that your petcock(the on and off switch on the bottom of the gastank) could be clogged, or the filter inside the gastank......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already removed the plastic and lifted the tank(looking for dirt or debris), tried the petcock, it is set to fuel on. if i spray fuel directly in the intake with the air filter out of it,it runs great(sitting still)

·
Registered
330 Posts
erazer72 said:
I have already removed the plastic and lifted the tank(looking for dirt or debris), tried the petcock, it is set to fuel on. if i spray fuel directly in the intake with the air filter out of it,it runs great(sitting still)
Then it is compleatly obvious you have a fuel delivery problem..... Take your main gas line off of the carb and turn the petcock to the "on" position, then see if fuel is flowing.... If not you need to pull your petcock and clean/unclogg it. ;)

If that is not your problem then pull your carbs apart and clean/unclogg them, the inlet where the main fuel line connects may also be clogged. Just a few quick suggestions... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill give cleaning the carbs a shot. I have already checked flow form the petcock,its okay.
Thanks for your advise and help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check to see if your piolet jets are plugged. make sure to count the number of turnes you turn them to lightly seat them on each one before you remove them.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Make sure a rev limiter isnt kicking on.

Use search to find Rev limiter problems.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
follow the parking brake sensor wires down from the handle bars, behine the radiator there is a white plug, unplug it and see if that fixes the problem, let us know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts