Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got into ATV's a few months ago and first picked up a Kawi KFX 400 and decided to sell it for something a little bigger so I picked up a 2006 Raptor 700R that I found locally. Tastefully modded but great shape.

Here is what it looked like when I first got it..I dug the blue but it was faded and pretty worn:

Had the plastics Line-x'ed :D Might not be for everybody but I do a lot of trail riding so it cleans off very easily.

Ordered some new parts

Installed them today

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^Thanks man. I got the main plastics [2pieces] done for $80. I planned to possibly go with a black/white theme and get the Maier white carbon fiber hood, tank, and lower rear taillight pieces but haven't ordered them yet. Still contemplating on that. In the interim, I Plasti-dipped the hood and taillight covers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it looks great how it is. If anything, Id do accent parts (like the hood) shiny black to offset it some, but ya it looks great and you dont have to worry about scratching some fancy paint job. Line-x is the best.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The line x looks cool, totally different. Did u get a fuel controller with those pipes? If not I'd get one ASAP so u don't ruin that nice bike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it looks great how it is. If anything, Id do accent parts (like the hood) shiny black to offset it some, but ya it looks great and you dont have to worry about scratching some fancy paint job. Line-x is the best.
Thanks I've been considering the Mauer CF Hood. There should be a slight enough gloss to give it that contrast if I get the black one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts